Forgot my Payment Testmode

Solved
Highlighted
1 0 0

Hello from Germany,

in the last weeks and month I prepared my online shop with Shopify.

3 weeks ago we started online. after this 3 weeks and 1000 site visitors I got my first sale 1 hour ago.

Here is my problem: I had the payment still in testmode.

What can I do?

We are selling with dropshipping and the order is sent to supplier immediately after the order and payment from the customer. Everything runs automatic but now I'm afraid that I won't get the money. It was my fault that Shopify think it was a test order. What can I do?

Best Regards

Patrick

0 Likes
Highlighted
Community Moderator
Community Moderator
3073 231 502

This is an accepted solution.

Hi @Deylou,

Nick here from Shopify. 

First of all congratulations on launching your store and making your first sale. It's a huge accomplishment. 

Not to worry, things like this happen to the best of us. What you can do here is reach out to the customer directly and explain what happened and then create a draft order so you can accept the money for the order. I know you mentioned that the order is sent to the supplier directly and this method will not affect that in any way. What you are essentially doing is making sure you get paid for the order. Depending on what kind of test order was created, the customer should be refunded or the money wouldn't go through properly from their original order and this is when you can create the draft order to make sure you get the payment you are due. Shopify has a great guide on how to create a draft order and any other information you might need here

I hope this helps and guides you in the right direction for the best next steps. Don't hesitate to reply and ask should you have any other questions. 

All the best, Nick

Nick | Community Moderator @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes