Fraud

Highlighted
2 0 2

I am contacting Shopify through here since there is no way a customer can reach the company.

I have bought a jacket from a store that is a client of Shopify and I realized it's a fraud.

I feel sort of embarrassed because with a closer look, the shop doesn't look legit at all. The email of the company is a @Gmail.com. On the website it says it's from Paris, but my basic French tells me the name 'Le Petit Amelie' is wrong, it should be something like 'La Petite Amélie'. By what I checked, the scammer is probably from Spain. I contacted the store, but they have obviously not answered.

They have Instagram ads and a Facebook page and it seems other customers have been scammed.

What sort of protection does Shopify offer to the final consumer?

Capture.PNG

1 Like
Highlighted
1 0 1

Evan,

Join the club, same here I have this order number 1195 which equats to 139.00$ scammed from me when trying to purchase a Birthday present for my daughter. Gift never came and when you press "view my order" it sends me to a shopify link that say "Oops something went wrong - Shop is Unavailable".

The way I see Shopify is enabling scam artists to steal money and then washes their hands of any fault. Really off putting as this was my first online purchase and it will also be the last. 

1 Like
Highlighted
2 0 2

It's also really disappointin to see that the store's website is still working. Shopify doesn't do any effort to put down scammers. I will never buy anything from a Shopify store.

1 Like