Fraudulent UPS Shipments and Charges Outside of Online Store

Highlighted
1 0 0

We have received a few bills in the mail from UPS for shipping fees and import taxes for shipments we had nothing to do with. It will show someone's "ship from address" and then our address as the "ship to address" yet when you track the number it's going somewhere completely different. And the items on the customs forms have nothing to do with our company. And now we have had reports from our customers of the same thing. It will show our company's address as the "ship from address" and our customer's address as the "ship to address" and yet the tracking number is going somewhere completely different and the items listed on the customs forms are not our products, something completely different from a different company.

This is fraudulent. I called UPS and they said they can't close the UPS Account # because Shopify owns it but yet when I contact Shopify via email and chat, they haven't done anything about it. Any ideas? Our only other option is simply to close our Shopify account but I don't want to do that.

0 Likes
Highlighted

It is unfortunate that you are facing this issue. In normal circumstances this should not happen as the ship from and ship to addresses are automatically pickup up by Shopify and the labels are generated with them. I suggest you to test a few labels before sending the shipment and confirm if they are okay.

Even after this, if you are facing this issue, you can use the Multi carrier shipping label app that allows you to use your own UPS account so that you can be in control of your shipments. If in future similar incidents happen, then you would be able to track the shipments and trace back to the cause.

0 Likes