Fraudulent order?

Solved
Tourist
11 0 0

Hello,

So I got an order for 26.00 from someone in Indonesia, with a gmail account. I am new at this and learning, a lot. The ip address checks fine as being over there, but shopify is considering there is high fraud risk. What would be the next step? I can probably write to him and say I'm checking the information, but how would I determine if it is fraud?

Update: I sent an email confirming the order and he responded, confirming it. To me, all that proves is that the email works, but not that the order is not fraudulent. Any comments will be very helpful.

Thanks.

GH

0 Likes

Success.

Excursionist
19 2 3

Hi GH,

why did Shopify consider the order to be high risk? It should provide you with a detailed analysis when you click on the fraud classification. Usually, Shopify is pretty spot-on with their classifications, I'd just cancel the order and move on to avoid the potential headache of a chargeback. If it's a high-value order, you could ask the customer for more documentation, e.g. a utility bill with the same shipping address.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
11 0 0

Hi Sandro,

There was a discrepancy between the addresses, billing vs. shipping. I did cancel it after requesting further info and not getting a reply back.

Thank you!

0 Likes