Free Gift Card For All Plans During Coronavirus Pandemic?

Highlighted
Tourist
3 0 0

Hi all ! Hi Shopify Community Members ! Hi Shopify Gurus, experts and Hgh-profiles users !! 

I am Yves, I am a freelance illustrator whom recently opened a Shopify Wesbiste/ Shop in December 2019. 

I have started my freelance adventure three years, and though my growth have been mostly met with surprises and growth (appart from all the normal setbacks and fears one has to face); I finally made the plunge in December 2019 to open my won webshop. After deliberation, I choose Shopify. Scroll down after the italic paragraph for my question.

And though I have still (after numerous attempts) yet to successfully link my shopify to Instagram, so I can directly post my products, leading to me being even unable to run my won facebook page ... THIS IS A WHOLE OTHER STORY, REALLY. Something I am too tired to even try sorting again. 

I make most of my income (Rent, Social Security Costs, Domain, Website, Food, and some new prints here and there) thanks to selling at markets - CURRENTLY CLOSED BECAUSE OF CORONA ! I am making around 1000 Euros before expenses a month. And though I am proud of being fully self-sufficient. The pandemic is hitting hard and I am starting to freak out ! 

I already contemplated upgrading to a bigger plan, in order to offer gift card to potential buyers.

But as you can see 79Euros per month is currently not really in my cards. 

I am clearly not the only one in that situation right now. And perhaps some of you have some insights on how to go about it ? Or perhaps some of you can offer thoughts on the matter? 
Or you simply, like me, think that shopify could be creative about it and make some changes on their plans, to support US - the creatives, the makers, the customers ? WHO'S WITH ME ?? 

My turn over is currently not allowing me to afford a

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
10 0 4

Hi Yves, 

It's Mark from the Rise.ai team. 

As the coronavirus starts impacting the global economy, one common suggestion for merchants is to offer gift cards to help them maintain cash flow during these challenging times. In addition, since social distancing may keep shoppers out of the store, experts believe every brick-and-mortar business should offer online gift card options.

Here at Rise, we want to help. we understand the complexities that such times bring to small businesses, and the importance of gift cards to keep merchants up and running. We understand that this is one of the most requested features now that brick-and-mortar activity is basically frozen. 

Rise will be happy to provide you with a free gift card program for the next 3 months and to help your business to move forward. Please install the app here and email us at info@rise.ai and our team will help you with the setup.

1 Like
Highlighted
2 0 0

If we sell a bunch of gift cards in this time period...and then the COVID0-19 pandemic ends...will we have to upgrade to the higher tier plan in order for the customers that purchased the gift cards to use them on our site?  Thanks.

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0

Great question...will the gift cards that were purchased still work if we choose to not continue to sell gift cards after this free offer expires? 

0 Likes