Free Ground Shipping, Paid Next Day Air Shipping?

Highlighted
Tourist
7 0 2

I want to offer free ground shipping via USPS or FedEx on my products. But I would like to have a rush shipping option for customers that need thier items, say, next day and are willing to pay for FedEx or UPS overnight shipping.

I don't want to do a flat rate because I'm in the Southeast (Atlanta), and don't think it would be fair for someone in a neighboring state to pay the same as someone on the West coast.

How can I go about doing this?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
577 20 186

Hey, Nathan!

I'm Aria, a Social Care guru at Shopify. ?

The easiest way to do this would be to set up a price based flat rate for your free shipping. You can find the instructions for that in this guide. You can then set up Shopify Shipping to show calculated rates at checkout for your express rates which cost extra. This means your chosen carriers will display rates to your customer based on the shipping address they enter at checkout. You can use it for USPS, DHL Express, and UPS. The only carrier you mentioned which is not included is Fedex. If it is important to you to use Fedex, you'd need Carrier Calculated Shipping instead. 

There are 3 ways to add Carrier Calculated Shipping. You can either upgrade to the Advanced Shopify plan which is $299 per month, add it to your existing plan for an additional $20 per month or you can pay annually rather than monthly. This will give you 10% discount on your plan and you’ll get FREE Carrier Calculated Shipping.

I hope this makes sense. If you have any other questions about this, we'll be happy to help you further. 

Aria
Social Care Guru
Shopify

Aria | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

2 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
7 0 2

Very helpful! Thanks!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
555 1 14

Product Owner @ PluginHive
FedEx shipping | Multi-carrier shipping | Shipment Tracking | Australia Post shipping
0 Likes