Free Shipping As Only Option at Checkout

Highlighted
5 0 0

I'm trying to setup Free Shipping for specific products which I've come to learn is impossible without purchasing a separate app and paying a monthly fee so I'm trying to incorporate the workarounds offered.  I'd prefer to use the Free Shipping by weight option and keep the products at a really low weight.  So for example 0 to 1lb is Free Shipping.  However, when I do this, at checkout the customer still has the option to choose other shipping methods.   How can I remove the other shipping options?

Shipping Screen.JPG

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Expert
9872 100 1710

You'd need to make sure the other shipping methods are not valid for weights under or equal to 1lb. If they are showing, then they must still cross over that range.

★ Winning Partner of the Build a Business competition. ★ http://freakdesign.com.au
1 Like
Highlighted
5 0 0

I don't see anywhere to adjust settings for those shipping methods based on weight.  I've decided I only want to offer Free Shipping across the board.  I figured this should be easier.  I deleted the other USPS options but can't delete all of them.  Meaning I have to keep 1 checked.  So if I leave the one checked, of course at checkout I still get the option to choose it.  How do I get rid of it entirely?  I can't make the products "not physical" because I need to be able to purchase the postage after the sale and if I make it "not physical", I don't get that ability to purchase postage.

Checkout View

Ship1.JPG

Shipping Settings

Ship2.JPG

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1248 76 274

Hey, @GoldenBreakers!

If you're looking to offer free shipping for your entire store, then you'd need to remove the Carrier Calculated Shipping rates from each of your available shipping zones. To do this, you'll need to click the "x" next to the couriers that appear, then click save in the top right corner. 

20-42-7i3io-2odpi

Let me know if you run into any issues!

Peter | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
5 0 0

So the problem was you can't delete all the options and still be able to buy postage after a sale.  What I did was just leave First Class Mail as the only option, then make everything 1lb.  First Class Mail is only applicable up to 13 oz or so, so it doesn't show up as an option no matter what is bought.  I just have to adjust he weight when buying the actual postage.  Thanks for the suggestion though.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1248 76 274

Hey, again!

Taking a deeper look here, I tested this out on my test store and you should be able to delete the courier rates and still be able to purchase labels within your admin. As long as the customers address is correct, and the location that holds the stock is based on an eligible country, then shipping labels will appear when you fulfill the order. 

Is this not happening in your store?  

Peter | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes