Free Shipping above a certain amount + paid shipping on basis of weight under that amount

2 0 1

Hi,

I am trying to figure out how to configure my shipping as follow

Shipping on basis of the weight

+ free shipping above a certain amount

For example: Shipping for Belgium 4 euros and free shipping for amounts above 59€

I tried but it seem that you can do one or another one but not both.
May I kindly ask you for your help?

1 Like
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
274 36 31

Hello, @Bsc-B.

Elias here with Shopify Support. That’s a great question!

I understand you’d like you offer weight-based shipping and free shipping for orders above 59€ for Belgium. You can offer both, by setting up shipping zones for Belgium, then creating flat shipping rates for weight-based shipping and free shipping rate based on order price. The checkout will display all of the rates from the lowest cost shipping rate when the conditions are met, so customers will see the weight-based rates and the free shipping rate when their cart is above 59€.

Here’s an example of my shipping settings from my test store, showing two weight-based rates and free shipping over 59€:

19-28-isaej-1n51t

This is how the checkout will display the shipping rates on an order above 59€:

19-49-ouu30-dmqhv

Is this what you were looking for? If you have any other questions about shipping rates, don’t hesitate to let me know in this thread!

Elias | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 1

Hi Elias,

thank you for your reply, no that is not the option I am looking for.

I am looking for a  free delivery based on PRICE  ( applied to all layers of weight).An an option for weight for prices under the free amount.
Option that would automatically be applied for the user. Otherwhise all clients would choose for free shipping :)

Kind regards

Corinne

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
274 36 31

Hey, @Bsc-B.

Thank you for following up, Corinne. I think there’s a bit of misunderstanding with my previous screenshot. The free shipping only applies, regardless of weight, as long as the order meets the condition you've set up for free shipping. If the order does not qualify for free shipping, then the customers will only see the weight-based rates when they checkout. My test store is using USD, but I’ve set my free shipping rate on orders above $59 USD. Here’s an example of the shipping rates shown at checkout, with my order meeting the condition for free shipping:

21-08-6rpkb-z372i

If I remove one of the items and update my cart, my order is no longer meeting the requirement for free shipping, the checkout doesn’t offer or show that rate anymore. The weight of my cart has also changed so my checkout is showing an entirely different shipping rate that’s based on the weight of my cart. Here’s a screenshot of the updated order: 

21-14-r0pas-8a4lc

I hope this clarifies your concern. If you have any other questions on shipping, don’t hesitate to let me know in this thread!

Elias | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

Hey, a similar question here! 

I am using the Narrative theme. Shipping price is based on the the total purchase amount. 

I offer free shipping above 50€ for domestic orders and above 100€ for EU orders. I would like that customers purchasing below this amount get informed that their shipping is free if they get to over this amount. What is the easiest way to do this?

Thanks in advance.

0 Likes