Free Shipping based on ordered units (when box is filled)

Solved
90bpmbrewingco
Tourist
9 0 2

Hi Shopify community,

First thread here hoping I'll find the answer as I've been looking for quite some time without finding a suitable app.

The idea is simple. I want to be able to offer free shipping based on box filling (depending on ordered units count). We use boxes with 24 units capacity (beer cans) and we would like to offer free shipping for every box that is filled. That also means people need to pay shipping again if they start to fill another box.

Example : 
Customer purchases 24 units and gets free shipping as he filled a box. Rule is simple here : if customer orders 24 units, then shipping is free.
BUT!
When customer adds another item to cart, to 25 units and more, he's filling another box that he's paying shipping on. Once he gets to 48 units (another 24 units box) he gets free shipping again, etc. So here the rule would be : customer gets free shipping when ordered units reaches the exact amount : 24-48-72 units, etc.

This is what brewdog does and this is super clever : https://www.brewdog.com/uk/ . Every item you add you have an image of your box being filled which is fantastic.

This is pretty much like amazon pantry, except it's just based on units and not on size.

Any idea on how to do that with an app? Otherwise I guess I'll just set free shipping based on order value like most shops.

Thanks!

0 Likes
Dirk
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
750 82 171

This is an accepted solution.

Hey, @90bpmbrewingco 

I totally see how this could be beneficial to your business strategy and shipping process. There is actually an app called Better Shipping I recommend looking into. It allows you to set up individual shipping rates per product and even has the ability to set up Tiered Shipping so you can have a quantity of 2 be $20 and 3 be $30, etc. for your Shipping Rates. 

In this case, you can set shipping costs for quantities of 1-23, then set free shipping for 24. Then costs from 25-47 and once again free for 48. I hope that makes sense! 

If there is anything else I can help you with, please let me know.

Dirk | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

90bpmbrewingco
Tourist
9 0 2

Hi @Dirk ,

Thank you so much, it definitely looks like it can work for us. I'll take a look at this and get back here if needed.

Thanks!

0 Likes