Free Shipping over certain amount unless over weight

craftnberry
Tourist
3 0 2

Hi There,

We have shipping setup to charge £7.75 for orders less than £60 and free for orders over that amount, but we would like to remove the free shipping option if the weight is over a certain amount, this is because we stock a number of items that are low value / high weight items and if a customer orders a large quantity of these our shipping costs are considerably higher making the free shipping unviable.

very often a customer will have a mix of standard items and heavier items. All the heavier items weigh 1kg so we would like it where if an order is over £60 and the weight is less than 16kg shipping is free, however if under £60 and under 16kg the shipping is charge at £7.75. However if the order is over 16kg regardless of value we would like to charge £14, and if over 30kg charge £21 this is regardless of order value being higher or lower than £60.

No matter how I play around with profiles and ratesI simply can't get this to work?

Thanks

Replies 6 (6)

troyfinefoods
Visitor
1 0 0

Hello

I'd like to know if you were able to resolve this. I have a store I need to achieve the same result but I can't.

Thank you

craftnberry
Tourist
3 0 2

Sorry no response at all!

Anindita
Shopify Partner
675 34 95

Hi @troyfinefoods,

May I know which carrier you are using? And is it an external carrier or you are using Shopify shipping services?

Customer Success @ PluginHive
Shipping Automation | FedEx shipping | Multi-carrier shipping | Shipment Tracking | Australia Post shipping

Anindita
Shopify Partner
675 34 95

Hi @craftnberry,

May I know which carrier you are using? And is it an external carrier or you are using Shopify shipping services?

Shipping Automation | FedEx shipping | Multi-carrier shipping | Shipment Tracking | Australia Post shipping
craftnberry
Tourist
3 0 2

Hi There,

We use DHL, an external carrier, not Shopify shipping..

Anindita
Shopify Partner
675 34 95

@craftnberry 

After creating different shipping profiles and managing rates separately, what is the exact issue you are facing at the checkout?

So, as per my understanding when using multiple shipping profiles, or having multiple locations within profiles, if orders contain products from different profiles or locations, this will result in combined rates at the checkout. At this time, there is no way to disable combined rates natively if you have multiple shipping profiles, or have multiple locations within profiles.