Free plus shipping question

Highlighted
Tourist
3 1 0

Hello and sorry if this has already been answered. I tried to search but I kept getting information on the free + shipping related to drop shipping.

We are not drop shipping, we would like to do an introductory offer of free item just pay shipping (Ideally on the first 1000 units, but we don't mind making it a separate SKU). It's only on one product and we want to limit the quantity to one piece and would prefer to use actual shipping rates (We aren't trying to make money on this offer, it's more for marketing).

We also plan on selling other products at the same time with normal cost and shipping rates. Is this possible? Would we need an app to do this, and if so can anyone recommend one. Most of the apps I saw were also related to drop shipping.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
369 39 78

What if you created an automatic discount for 100% off only on the specific product you are doing this offer for?

Your shipping rates should still calculate as normal, assuming you are using weight-based rules or carrier calculated rates.

Highlighted
Tourist
3 1 0

Thanks for the recommendation MelsMojoBob. I tried it out and that checks all my boxes aside from one, I can checkout with as many as I want. I would only like the customer to be able to get one item free + shipping, and if they wanted multiples the remaining items would be at full price. I'm assuming I would need an app for this but combing through the app store is a bit daunting...

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
369 39 78

Ah...yes that is correct. I believe you would need an app to accomplish all of your requirements.

Two possibilities might be Order Limit and Order Logic.

Highlighted
Tourist
3 1 0

I'm going to look at those two apps now. Thank you so much for the suggestions!

0 Likes