Free shipping and use of a discount code?

Highlighted
1 0 0

Hello-

I'm new here. I realize that customers cannot use mutliple discount codes at the same time during checkout, but I'm curious to know if there is an app that I might be able to install to get around this. Maybe I can offer free shipping through one of the shipping apps, and an additional discount code generated from within my site settings?

I've looked at several shipping apps, but don't know if I want to commit to a monthly fee if I'm not sure that it will work the way I'm hoping.

Any info would be great.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
393 72 165

Hey, there!

Jason here from Shopify Support!

You are on the right track. Currently, Shopify only allows one discount code to be applied at the checkout point. That being said, there are apps that could assist you bypass this limitation, such as Discount Combines and Milestones. One of the apps I would recommend you look into is called Discount Combines. This app allows your customers to apply multiple discount codes in one order.

One thing to note here, when are you looking to offer free shipping to your customers? If it is across all the products or when the cart is reaching a certain price point, this can be done from your Shopify admin without any app's assistance. Here is a great resource for you on how to setup free shipping. If you are looking to set free shipping on selected products only, I would suggest you look into apps like Better Shipping or Advanced Shipping Rules. In order to fully utilize these two apps, you do need to add on a Custom Calculated Shipping (CCS) package, which is $20 additionally on top of your monthly plan. Alternatively, if you upgrade to our annual plan, we can include the package for free.

If there’s anything else I can help you out with, please don’t hesitate to reply back and I’d be happy to help out! 

All the best,

Jason

Jason | Social Care @ Shopify
Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
Was your question answered? Mark it Accept as Solution to help others locate the answer!
Your Like and Accept as Solution are much appreciated!
To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center, or the Shopify Blog.

0 Likes