Free shipping for local delivery: how to limit those who use it.

Highlighted
Tourist
7 0 1

We want to set kup free shipping & delivery for local customers. I tried to have free shipping and/or delivery for local customers (within the boundaries of two towns), but customers who were from other towns or out of state would select "free shipping" for their orders. I would then have to contact the customer and tell them that they weren't supposed to select free shipping and that they owe more. Is there a way to do this? Is the only way to refund the shipping?

Betsy

The Condimented Pantry

https://www.condimentedpantry.com

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1062 100 243

Hey there, Betsy!

Bo here from Shopify Support.

That is a really great question and one that has come up before. At the moment Shopify does not natively have a feature to order specific shipping rates based on town or city. There are, however, several apps that can add this functionality to your store:

Real-time carrier calculated shipping is required to use these applications. This module is available by default on Advanced and Plus Shopify plan. If your store is on a lower plan you are able to get it free of charge by switching to annual billing and requesting Carrier Shipping from Shopify Support or alternatively it can be added on to your monthly subscription for $20 per month.

I have to say, I absolutely love your store. My tummy was rumbling within minutes of browsing! Absolutely wonderful looking. One thing I would recommend is perhaps featuring more products on your homepage. The home page of a website works much like a display window of a store, it is the perfect page to get your customers hooked right away, display products that are eye (or tummy) catching and you may get a customer adding an item to their cart within minutes of landing on your page.

Let me know how this goes and if there is anything else I can assist you with, I'm happy to help!

All the Best,
Bo

Bo | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
7 0 1

Thanks!

0 Likes