How can I offer free local shipping in specific zip codes?

jonhebert
Visitor
3 0 1

Hi, we want to offer free shipping for customers in a few zip codes close to our home base. Or regular shipping is $8 per item. How can we achieve this? For example, our shop is based in New Orleans, La. Shipping to, say, Baton Rouge, La (further away) would cost $8 per item. Shipping to Metairie, La (closer) would be free. Thanks

Replies 2 (2)

Dirk
Shopify Staff
2217 247 506

Hey, @jonhebert 

There are a variety of apps that you can use to configure shipping costs at the zip code level. Delivery Rates by Zipcode is a great option that will allow you to set unique shipping costs per zip code in order to achieve what you're looking for.

If there is anything else I can help you with, please let me know.

Dirk | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

Ron-Anderson
Shopify Partner
191 13 33

Hi @jonhebert,

We hope you'll give Zapiet's Delivery Rates by Zip code a try. If you find that it isn't the best fit for your current needs, check out Intuitive Shipping. Our extensive rules-based Condition system lets you customize your shipping rates in a number of different ways, including by zip code. If you would like more information, you can book a demo here, or you can send an email to support@intuitiveshipping.com with more details about your shipping requirements, and one of our team members will be happy to any questions you may have.

Best regards,
Ron

Customer Experience Manager @ Intuitive Shipping Inc.
Intuitive Shipping | Automate Shipping Profiles