Free shipping not correctly calculating at checkout

2 0 0

Hello!  Hoping to get some guidance...  I have set up weight-based free shipping, and a weight-based standard shipping charge.  Currently, the products I have in my store are all set up with free shipping.  I have also implemented a cross-sell at checkout.  However, when I tested this with my trigger and offer products, the shipping method on the checkout page comes up at the standard shipping charge. I can't figure out why this is happening when both the trigger and offer products are set up with free shipping.  Thanks in advance for any advice.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager
2395 163 350

Hi @Kelly_M1,

Nick here from Shopify. 

The first thing which comes to my mind on a weight-based shipping charge not going to plan is the packages. Would you be able to double-check the package weight just below "Shipping Labels" in the Shipping settings and let me know if the package is at 0 weight also? 

Other than that, and if it's not the package weight, it's difficult to figure out why this might be happening. 

Hopefully, it's something as small as the package weight, but if not, can you reply and let me know. Can you also elaborate (and share your store URL) a little more on the cross-sell you set up at checkout? Did you use an app to set this up? If so which app and could the settings of the app be causing the shipping rate to occur. 

Looking forward to hearing from you. 

All the best, Nick

Nick | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
2 0 0

Hi Nick,

Thanks for your reply.  I should have clarified that I am dropshipping, and the cross-sell app I'm using is Bold Upsell.  The issue was happening even with other products that don't have a cross-sell.  I was able to figure out a work-around.  I set the standard shipping price to free, also.  So, this allowed me to add 2 items to my cart with free shipping.  However, now I'm finding that if I try to add more than 2 items, I get the "There are no shipping methods available for your cart or address" message.  What are your thoughts?

https://love-mind-body-soul.com/

Thanks!

Kelly

0 Likes