Free shipping over $50 only working intermittently

Mike_Lythcott
Excursionist
14 1 1

Hi, we have weight based shipping on our store, but are running a sale for free shipping over $50. I think it's set correctly (screenshots attached), as outlined per Shopify

(https://help.shopify.com/en/manual/shipping/setting-up-and-managing-your-shipping/free-shipping-rate...)

But some orders over $50 are still being charged shipping, some not. Doesn't setting the price of 0 over a $50 condition override all over settings?

see FREE at the top, all other weighs belowsee FREE at the top, all other weighs belowScreen Shot 2021-06-21 at 3.17.07 PM.jpg

Reply 1 (1)

Shay
Shopify Staff
2780 440 566

Hi @Mike_Lythcott 

Thank you for sharing the screenshots of your shipping rates and the issue you are experiencing. You are correct, as long as the order total is over 50$, based on the shipping rates you have setup, the customer should be seeing the option for free shipping as the default shipping rate at the checkout. 

If that is not the case, or if customers are choosing other shipping rates instead, I would recommend going through the checkout (don't complete the sale) and recreate these orders yourself to see what options are coming up. It is possible that your customers are changing the shipping rate as the free rate and the other paid rates will still be showing. If you feel that the shipping experience is not correct, I would recommend contacting our live support for a more in-depth look into what is causing this issue.

To contact our live support please follow this link: Shopify Help Center - Contact Support, sign into your store account, search for your issue and use the contact support button at the bottom of the search results to see all our live support options. 

If you want to create some test checkouts using a fake address similar to your customers to simulate the shipping rates you can also share the abandoned checkout URL for us to look at through the forums.

Thank you!

-Shay

Shay | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog