Fulfill a refunded item

Solved
Highlighted
2 0 1

I have an order that was refunded before we could mark it as "fulfilled." It remains in my order log as an unfulfilled item. I have cancelled and archived the order, as well as hitting the checkbox and hitting "fulfill orders" as a bulk action in the orders list window, and nothing has worked. Is there any way to mark the order as fulfilled at this point?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1649 99 357

This is an accepted solution.

Hey, @catsmeowpg!

If the order was refunded and restocked, then it can not be marked as fulfilled as there are no products to fulfill for the order. In this case, cancelling and archiving the order would have been the best step you could have taken. 

Peter | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

Highlighted
2 0 1

@Peter Okay, thanks for your help!

Highlighted
2 0 0

I have an order that needs a partial credit but NOT to be fulfilled. Is it possible to fulfill the order, process the credit then unfulfill the order so we can process it normally? We typically run 5-6 weeks before we fulfill an order. I usually ask customers to wait until their order ships before I can process any credit. Not a good business practice. If I fulfill it now ( 5 weeks to early), I run the risk of thinking it is completed.

Would this be a workaround?

Thanks so much!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1649 99 357

@lovemade14 

You would just need to partially refund the order by clicking "refund" but do not restock the item. No need to fulfill the order beforehand. 

Peter | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes