Fulfilling orders with US based Suppliers

Solved
Highlighted
Tourist
6 0 1

Hi everyone,

I'm currently in the prepping stage of launching my store... With that being said, I'm trying to figure out what's the best possible way to fulfill orders with US based suppliers (Will not be working with Ali-express or any other Chinese based drop shipping company)

I understand the basic process of order fulfillment

1. Customer buys item and places order
    • I get an email as well as the customer confirming this.
  2. Money gets deposited in my bank account from clients order.
  3. I place the order with the supplier by forwarding email of the order I need to fulfill.
  4. Supplier ships order and later emails me with tracking # and invoice. 
  5. I take the tracking information from supplier and send shipping confirmation to the customer (Possibly using an email interface on Shopify) 

Here's what I don't understand... When orders start rolling in, how do I stay organized? What's the industry standard with drop shipping fulfillment with U.S. companies? Creating email rules? Using excel spreadsheet and marking if an item is shipped or not? Or is there simply just a service that can automate these things for me?

Thank you in advance!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Community Moderator
Community Moderator
3062 229 499

Hi @Payton077,

Nick here from Shopify. Really good questions! 

The first thing which came to my mind is the Shopify Custom Fulfillment service. It enables you to use a custom warehouse and supplier to process your orders via email. If you have multiple warehouses with multiple suppliers I'm wondering if Shopify locations are something which could also work for you. Locations enable you to track inventory and fulfill orders at your locations. Your locations can be retail stores, warehouses, popups, drop-shippers, or any other place where you manage or stock inventory. With multiple locations, you have better visibility into your inventory across your business. You can find out more about Shopify Locations from Shopify's help documents here

Would you be able to elaborate a little more about what you mean when you say "stay organized" and which industry standard are you referring to exactly? 

Here's what I don't understand... When orders start rolling in, how do I stay organized? What's the industry standard with drop shipping fulfillment with U.S. companies? Creating email rules? Using excel spreadsheet and marking if an item is shipped or not? Or is there simply just a service that can automate these things for me?

Regarding your question about marking down if an item has been shipped or not when using the custom fulfillment, a fulfillment center will not ship an item until it has been marked as fulfilled from your Shopify a...

22-21-nlfaa-cq10d

Hopefully, the fulfillment service and locations answer at least part of what you're looking for. 

All the best, Nick

Nick | Community Moderator @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
6 0 1

Hey Nick,

Thanks for the insight, i'll look into the Shopify custom fulfillment service!

This will be my first time creating a drop-shipping store so i'm probably thinking too far ahead about the fulfillment process... I might just have to get the store running and then do some practice orders in order to see how the whole process works. I'm just confused about what emails I would personally have to send customers vs. what emails I can automate through Shopify since i'm drop shipping... I assume I have to send them an email that says their order has shipped and provide them with a tracking number but the first "Thank you for your order" email will be generated by Shopify to the customer...

Thanks again Nick!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Community Moderator
Community Moderator
3062 229 499

This is an accepted solution.

Hi @Payton077,

No problem at all, my pleasure. 

Ah ok, thanks for adding more context to your situation. A lot (pretty much most) of the emails which you are referring to are automated within Shopify through the Notifications aspect of the Shopify admin. You can also customize the email templates for Notifications should you wish.

25-09-77v8j-mixfm

You can find out more about email Notifications from the help document Shopify made on this here

Nick | Community Moderator @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
6 0 1

Great! Thank you very much for your response. 

1 Like
Highlighted
14 0 0

Hello,

We are USA based drop shipper having our well-established supply chain setup all over USA. We went through your website and found that you are targeting a significant number of consumers in United States.

We have variety of products available in our USA warehouse especially Masks and Thermometer. Apart from top selling products, we have our own supply chain network in China, and can source anything you sell.

If you are looking for the best service and fast delivery within 3-5 business days, your search ends here. We provide state of art Customer Service and Guaranteed Fast Delivery.

Following are some but not all key features we provide:

1. Daily order processing
  2. 3-5 Business days delivery
  3. Low MOQ
  4. Competitive Pricing
  5. Up-to-date accounts statement
  6. USA based drop shipping
  7. One-on-One support

If you could send more information as well as your product catalog, that would be greatly appreciated, and we can discuss more on customised pricing and service for you. You can contact us through any of our point of contacts:

Our Contact details:

Phone: +1 (888) 433-8084

Email: service@dropkingdom.com

Zoom: service@dropkingdom.com

Regards,

Drop Kingdom

0 Likes