Fulfillment Service - trigger email notification to 3rd party

Highlighted
1 0 0

How can we generate a simple fulfillment request email to be sent to our supplier with the order details once I mark an order as fulfilled? We set up a fulfillment service (on the Shipping screen) and a location but no email is being sent. Are we missing a step? We do not require automation or exchange of information, we only want to notify the supplier of an order they need to fulfill by email.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Explorer
55 2 5

If you dropshipping from Aliexpress you can use Oberlo for order fulfillment automation, if you dropshipping from China 1688 or taobao then find a Chinese agent to help you fulfill the order, they will help you upload tracking and tick the email notification to clients once the orders fulfilled.

China dropshipping fulfillment agent alex.shawn@outlook.com 86deal.com
0 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
21 1 0

Hi,

I may be late in replying, but this will be useful.

We have an app called Auto Fulfill which does order management and Automatic fulfillment.

Using Auto Fulfill, you can select the products you want in a task, so whenever a customer places an order, an order notification email will be sent to your vendor of the product you have selected in the task

The email notification consists of order details along with the link in which the vendor can update the tracking numbers, so the orders get fulfilled automatically in Shopify based on the schedule you set.

Here is the link: https://apps.shopify.com/auto-fulfill?

0 Likes
Highlighted

Hey guys,

We're a little late here but our app, EZ Fulfill, should be able to help as well.  You can update your orders tracking numbers via CSV file and have an email notification sent to your customer on update.  The email will have the customers tracking information.  You can also automate the process using our scheduler which will allow you to pull the CSV files from an FTP/SFTP server or from Dropbox.

Co-Founder / Developer at Highview Apps
Our Shopify Apps: EZ Exporter | EZ Inventory | EZ Importer | EZ Notify | EZ Fulfill
0 Likes
Highlighted
4 0 0

Hey I figured it out and it was super annoying. I couldn't really find youtube videos on this (may have to make one) nor proper How To's in Shopify's knowledge base.

Note: I have not tried this yet on multiple suppliers in one order. I'll update when I run into this.

Setup Process Only (email trigger at bottom):

1. Settings > Shipping Delivery > Towards the bottom "Carrier accounts and fulfillment services".
  2. Custom order fulfillment > Add Name and Email Save.
  3. Go back to one (Shipping Delivery) and go to "Custom Shipping Rates" > New Profile.
  4. Load up all the Products for the Supplier you want. Here's how I have mine:.

Screenshot(13).png

Doing this will magically input "Location" pull-down in each product and I believe it is automatic, but you can flip it in each one.

To trigger the emails:

1. A customer purchases an order.
  2. You go to that Order (Order Page > find the customer) > click on their order.
  3. You will see a button "Request Fulfillment". This will activate the email as well as fulfill the entire order. You can still enter a tracking number later.

Note: I gave some items away and fulfilled them myself and used "Create Label". But because I still had my supplier listed as a location, he got all the giveaway emails lol. So be careful on those.

I hope this helps!

- Heather

0 Likes