Fulfillment conflict for digital / Teescape goods

AsbestosBill
Shopify Partner
22 0 2

My store currently sells exclusively digital products, but we want to add t-shirts through Teescape. In talking with their customer service, I will need to turn off automatic fulfillment in my Shopify settings to avoid sending customers shipping confirmations before it has actually shipped.

If I do this, customers who buy our digital products will have to wait for us to manually fulfill them before they get an email with their download link.

It would be great if I could set Shopify to automatically fulfill only orders with no shipping required, OR if the download links came in the order confirmation email (unless that email is sent before payment is finalized), OR if customers had access to their purchased files.

Are any of these possible* or is there another solution that would allow customers to receive their links automatically AND allow Teescape to mark their orders complete in their own time?

* I know the last one is not currently possible, but I will take every oportunity to complain about it until it is.

0 Likes
Brandon22
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
206 0 18

Hello,

Brandon here from the Shopify Guru Team :)

Digital goods by default get fulfilled automatically, regardless of the fulfillment setting you have on your store. So you can switch to Manual Fulfillment for your physical goods and your digital ones will still get auto fulfilled.

Thanks for posting!

0 Likes
AsbestosBill
Shopify Partner
22 0 2

Wow. I swear it worked differently when I tested it, but you're right.

So, what about mixed orders, though? If someone buys a digital product and a shirt, will they get the download link right away or with the shipping notification?

0 Likes

@Brandon22how do you set this up correctly? I have a store where there are physical products, but one product is a digital membership. I've already deselected "This is not a shipped product". My setting for "After an order has been paid" is set to "Automatically fulfill only the gift cards of the order" but what I really want is "Automatically fulfill only the products with no shipping required and the gift cards of the order".

I can't find this setting. The only other setting is "Automatically fulfill the order‘s line items" which sounds like it ill fulfill physical products as well, which I don't want. Right now, I have to fulfill the digital memberships manually, because they are not gift cards (obviously). Please help.

If my reply helped you, please give it a Like and mark it as Accepted Solution.
Do you need help customizing your theme or editing code? Email me!
0 Likes