Fulfillment of Unique Downloadable Content

audiowarrior
Visitor
2 0 0

Each time a customer orders my digital product, I must create a digital product from scratch. I need to be able to send the customer the download link 3 days later.

For example, if 100 people order my digital product, I will be creating 100 unique versions of that digital product. None of the digital products are identical. Thus, how do I send 100 download links to these 100 customers? How do I fulfull this manually?

Thanks!

Reply 1 (1)

Rein
Shopify Staff (Retired)
324 33 48

Hi @audiowarrior 

Rein here from Shopify. From your post, it appears you are wondering what would be the best strategy for distributing your custom digital downloads to your customers after they have purchased a product on a pre-order, essentially. 

The often-used solution would be to utilize the Shopify produced app to distribute your downloads via our supported app here. However, in your case, that would likely not work since each download is unique, correct? 

Since each download is custom made there really would not be a directly integrated solution into Shopify you could use. The solution I suggest is likely what you have already used which is to upload to Google Drive/Dropbox, or your file host of choice and send the unique download code to your customers. 

While it is cumbersome it is the most elegant solution to this request. 

Thanks, Rein

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Community Blog.