Fulfillment

INAMO
Visitor
2 0 0

Hi, we are looking to use Shopify but we do not want to use their Shopping Cart as we are building our own but we want to use Shopify's Fulfillment Centre. Is that possible? Thanks, Peter

Replies 3 (3)

JoesIdeas
Shopify Expert
2165 199 578

I haven't used the Shopify Fulfillment Network service but this should be doable, because you can build an entire custom store front and then communicate with your Shopify backend via the API: https://shopify.dev/api/admin/rest/reference

• Creator of Order Automator (automate tagging, fulfillment, Amazon, notifications + more)
• Shopify developer for 10+ years, store owner for 7 years
• I also make guides like Shopify Automation Tips and How to Deal with Fraud / Chargebacks
INAMO
Visitor
2 0 0

Thank you for the link to the APIs... when you say "you can build an entire custom store front and then communicate with your Shopify backend via the API", do you mean we could build our site on say WIX, Webflow or even Wordpress and still use Shopify's Fulfillment Centre?

JoesIdeas
Shopify Expert
2165 199 578

I haven't used Shopify Fulfillment Network so I'm not 100% sure, but anywhere you have full access to the code base (like WordPress, but probably not Wix), then you can make API calls to Shopify.

If you're just concerned about the orders, you could create an app within your site to create the orders in Shopify via the Shopify API.

I've built on a lot of platforms and think Shopify is superior for ecommerce, might be worth considering having everything on Shopify platform, but ya either way you can use their API to customize how'd you'd like.

• Creator of Order Automator (automate tagging, fulfillment, Amazon, notifications + more)
• Shopify developer for 10+ years, store owner for 7 years
• I also make guides like Shopify Automation Tips and How to Deal with Fraud / Chargebacks