Fulfilment from different locations

MagnusE
Excursionist
32 0 4

I have stock in Warehouses in 3 different countries (Denmark, USA and Australia) but using only one website/domain.
If for example Australia runs out of stock for a certain SKU and don't to be possible to order this SKU to Australia. 

I've tried to solve it by using Locations and Profiles with shipping zones of which each only ship from one Location. However it seems like it not possible to setup several profiles for the same product?

Is there any easy solutions here?  

Replies 6 (6)

BobsMojo
Shopify Partner
449 44 114

Hi @MagnusE 

You won't need multiple shipping profiles to accomplish this.

Within the same shipping profile, you will need to set up different shipping zones for each warehouse location. 

Then when you distribute the inventory quantities into each warehouse location in your inventory settings, the inventory at each given warehouse will only allow to be shipped to the respective shipping zones you set up.

MagnusE
Excursionist
32 0 4

Hi @BobsMojo! Thanks for your response. 

I've created the shipping zones. However, I don't understand how to tell Shopify which zone belong to which warehouse?

I'm able to add inventory to 2 of my 3 locations but not the last one which looks like this:

MagnusE_0-1608669258205.png

What have I missed here? 

BobsMojo
Shopify Partner
449 44 114

@MagnusE 

You should see a "Shipping From" section in your shipping profile for each of your inventory locations, like this:

BobsMojo_0-1608670033672.png

For each of them, you will need to create a shipping zone that includes the applicable ship-to locations for that warehouse.

To add inventory to the 3rd warehouse, the easiest method would probably be to use a transfer. Under your products menu in admin, go to "Transfers" and click "Add Transfer"

You can then enter the destination as the third warehouse.  If you want to move the inventory quantities out of one of the other locations into the third warehouse, put the location that you want to pull the inventory quantities FROM in the origin field. 

However if you just want to add it into the 3rd location without pulling from the others, just leave the origin field blank.

BobsMojo_1-1608670452000.png

MagnusE
Excursionist
32 0 4

Thank you, this worked! 

However, I'm still able to order a product that is out of stock. In case, a product that is not in stock in Europe but it's still showing the shipping rate for Europe.

BobsMojo
Shopify Partner
449 44 114

Double check your shipping zones for the non-Europe warehouses & make sure you don't have any Europe locations included.

MagnusE
Excursionist
32 0 4

That is not the case unfortunately 😞