FullFilement Request : What is that ??

Highlighted
1 0 0

Hi
I'm working to notifications settings in my store but i see that there is a Fullfilement Request Notification.
So i'm asking if this notification will be sent to the supplier after making the order ? and i'm asking if i can deactivate it ? I need to give instructions to suppliers by myself in the Custom note at the checkout page.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1230 76 268

Hey, there!

Peter here from Shopify Support!

The fulfillment request email gets sent automatically to a third-party fulfillment service provider when order items are fulfilled. For this email to send on your behalf, your account would need to have a custom order fulfillment option setup in Settings/Shipping:

If you have one of these services set up, and products are listed under that specific fulfillment service then that means they would be sent the fulfillment request email once you've marked the order as fulfilled.

While this could replace the process of you sending the emails manually it wouldn't be suggested. When marking the order as fulfilled, you would need to ensure that the "Notify Customer of Shipment" is unclicked every time so that your customers don't get a premature shipping email. This would also require you to revisit the order to add tracking information at a later date. That all being said, this email can't be disabled, however, it would only send if the order matched all the required criteria meaning that if you don't create custom fulfillment option in the admin, then it would be as good as disabled. 

If there's anything else I can help with please don't hesitate to reply back and I'll happily help out!

All the best, 

Peter 
Shopify Support

Peter | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes