Generating QR Code after purchase

Highlighted
2 0 1

Hi everyone, I am trying to figure out to generate QR Codes after a customer purchases my codes, I am using SendOwl to deliver them automatically via email, but i would rather have the QR codes generated on the checkout page and or in the email sent via SendOwl, I spoke with SendOwl and they said such thing was not possible, but I am sure there is away, for example this website here (Not Shopify) generates the code and a QR code after purchase, using the inspection tool says its using chart.apis.google.com, any ideas im really stuck hereCapture.PNG 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Community Moderator
Community Moderator
3073 231 503

Hi @LiquidRealms,

Nick here from Shopify. 

Great question. SendOwl is not completely wrong in saying that about the QR codes appearing on the checkout page. There are capabilities to customize the checkout if you are on the Shopify Plus plan. You can see the guide Shopify has created going into more detail on checkout customizations when using Shopify Plus here. Other than this the ability to edit/ add or customize the checkout on a Shopify store is not possible.

Regarding the code being sent out by email, this is something which would depend on each app individually and the code generated from the app. Your best bet here would be to reach out to the developers of some popular apps from the Shopify App store which create QA codes. Let's take a look at some other app options other than SendOwl below and see if they can do something more along the lines of what you're looking for:

Could you also go into a little more detail about what you mean regarding the emails, please?

I am using SendOwl to deliver them automatically via email, but i would rather have the QR codes generated on the checkout page and or in the email sent via SendOwl, I spoke with SendOwl and they said such thing was not possible, 

Do you mean the email sent to the customer notifying them the order was placed or the fulfillment email? 

Hope this helps!

All the best, Nick

Nick | Community Moderator @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 1
After months of trying to figure this out, I finally got it!! I got the QR Code to show after my digital code in the email, I’m so excited!
1 Like
Highlighted
Community Moderator
Community Moderator
3073 231 503

That's awesome @LiquidRealms, great work!

Can I ask how you got it done in the end? 

Nick | Community Moderator @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

Hi, can I know how you did it?

@LiquidRealms wrote:
After months of trying to figure this out, I finally got it!! I got the QR Code to show after my digital code in the email, I’m so excited!

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

Hi LiquidRealms, I am sitting in the same boat. I see that you figured out a way to generate a QR Code after purchase.May a please ask how you did it? I would appreciate it sincerely!

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0
Hi! I want to do the same for the Congres at my faculty. Can you let me know how it can be done?
0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

Hi @LiquidRealms

We're looking to do what it sounds like you were finally able to accomplish. Would you mind sharing which solution you ended up leveraging to create QR Codes and immediately display them upon the completion of a transaction on your store?

Thank you in advance!

0 Likes