Getting Started - Don't Know What To Do Regarding Shipping

Highlighted
4 0 0

Hello,

I'm just starting up with Shopify and Printful.  I'm almost ready to go but I'm not sure what I should be doing regarding shipping.

I'm selling (hopefully) shirts, mugs, and hats of my own design.

My Shopify store is basically ready to do.  When someone places an order, Printful will be creating the product and, I guess, shipping it out.

It's very confusing regarding rates.  I don't know if I should be setting rates in Shopify, paying $20/month to tie into Printful rates, or charging more per produce but offering free shipping.

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Thank you,

Mark

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Expert
365 6 74

Hey Mark,

My recommendation is to pay the $20/month extra so that you can link in the Carrier Calculated Rates from Printful. Their rates are great because it will give your customers multiple rates to pick from, with varying shipping times, as well as with/and-without duties pre-paid (which is great for customers outside of the US). 

Best of luck with your business! :)

★ Did my post help? If yes, then please like and accept solution. ★

→ Have me build your Shopify store @ stephens.world
→ Get your FREE 30-Step Setup Guide @ stephens.world/guide
→ View My Official Expert Profile @ stephens.world/expert
→ Want to buy me lunch? stephens.world/lunch

0 Likes
Highlighted
4 0 0

OK Stephen, thank you for the information.

I just sent an email to Shopify support because I'm not on an advanced plan so the insructions say to contact Shopify to let them know you want to subsrcibe to that $20 plan but they don't say where to contact them for that.

Thanks,

Mark

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Expert
365 6 74

Hey Mark,

An email to Shopify's support should do the trick -- otherwise, if you want it faster, you can always do a live chat with them, and a Guru should be able to help you add the CCS feature.

Cheers! :)

★ Did my post help? If yes, then please like and accept solution. ★

→ Have me build your Shopify store @ stephens.world
→ Get your FREE 30-Step Setup Guide @ stephens.world/guide
→ View My Official Expert Profile @ stephens.world/expert
→ Want to buy me lunch? stephens.world/lunch

0 Likes
Highlighted
4 0 0

OK, thanks.

Yeah, if it's CSS involved someone else is definitely going to have to help with that.

Thanks,

Mark

0 Likes
Highlighted
4 0 0

Oops, now I see it's Carrier Calculated Shipping.  I thought you were referring to coding!

OK, need help either way.

Thanks,

Mark

0 Likes
Highlighted
10 0 0

Hello Mark,

accurate shipping rates are critical with any online shop - let me know if you would like to discuss in full detail.  I will also offer solutions for international shipping including the duties/tax scenario.

Customer Success Manager - Shipping Guru
0 Likes