Getting back payment

Highlighted
2 0 0

Hi! I haven't been using shopify for a while and today it charged me the monthly payment because I forgot to take out the store. Is there any way to get my money back and close the store? If yes , how? Please help!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
611 30 98

Hey!

My name is Ava, I’m one of Shopify’s Gurus and I’m here to help :)

Sorry to hear you were charged for this store if you didn't want to go ahead with it. If a subscription plan is selected and credit card details are added within the trial period, then when the 14-day trial is over, your card will be charged. 

However, if you close your store before the end of the 14 days, even if you have added your credit card details, you will not be charged.

If you would like to close your store now, I can walk you through the steps here! 

1. Go to the Settings in your stores Admin sidebar.
 2. Next, go to Account
 3. From there, scroll down to "Pause or Cancel Store".
 4. Go to "want to close your store?" and click "Close my Store"

All you need to do then is enter your password to complete the process. This handy doc goes through everything in detail :)

Once you have fully closed up your store, I can definitely look into a refund for you. Would you be able to send us an email to support@shopify.com using the email address listed as the account owners? Once you have done that, you can pop back here and let me know the support ticket number you were assigned (which will be emailed to you). That way, I can pick the ticket out of the queue and speak to our Financial Services team about refunding you. 

All refund requests are manually reviewed, so once I have a chat with the team about your store, they can let you know if a refund is possible.

Speak soon!

Ava

Social Care Guru | support@shopify.com

Ava | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes