Getting order weight

Highlighted
18 0 0

Hi

Any idea how to get the order weight at shopify ?

More specifically - how to export it ?

thanks

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
663 51 116

Hello, @teimim!

Karlie here from the Shopify Guru Team! The order weight is calculated by adding up each of the individual weights of the products that were purchased in the order. There currently isn't a way to export the order weight, but I can let you know how you would figure out the weight of an order. 

Each product should have an assigned weight. You would have added the weight to each of your products when you were creating each product from your Shopify Admin. The 'weight' section of the product page can be found in your Shopify Admin> Product page under the 'Shipping' section. To find the weight of an order, you would simply add up the weight of each product that was purchased in the order. For example, if a customer ordered 5 winter coats and each coat weighed 2 lbs then the order would come up to 10 lbs. 

You can read more about how to use weight based shipping in your storefront in our handy guide and if you're needing some help figuring out what weight each product should be, be sure to follow our guide, here

I hope this has answered your question. If not, or if you have any further questions please let me know. I will be happy to help!

*Karlie* | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0

Is there an update on how we can export the total weight for each order? Or is there a way we can customize what data can be included when exporting orders?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
663 51 116

Hello, @PaperCart !

Karlie here from the Shopify Support Team! Can you tell me what exactly you're looking for? I'm happy to dig into it for you! Are you looking for a spreadsheet that you can export from your Shopify Admin that would include details like your order weights?

Looking forward to hearing back from you! 

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0
Hi Karlie! Yes, I'm looking for a spreadsheet that would include the order
weights. Since we will be outsourcing our delivery it would be easier for
us if we could see the total weight and total quantity for each of the
orders. The order spreadsheet that I can download now only shows Line Item
Quantity which we have to manually add to come up with the total quantity.
Is there a way where we could customize the order spreadsheet so that the
total quantity and weight will be included?

Kind regards,

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
663 51 116

Hi, @PaperCart!

Okay, I see. While we don't currently have a built-in option in the Shopify Admin that would allow you to export order weights, there is an app called Better Reports that might work for you. Better Reports allows you to build custom reports that can be exported via CSV method. You can check out Better Reports, here.

There are a couple of other apps that I had in mind that may work, but you'll want to do your own research to see if order weights can be included in the order export. The apps; Ordersify: Order Exporters and Export OrderPro are both apps that allow you to export orders with custom fields - although the app page doesn't mention order weights, you could use the 'Support' section of the app page to reach out to the app developer and inquire about that feature. You can check out Ordersify: Order Exporters, here and Export OrderPro, here

I understand that this feature is important for your business workflow, so I'll be sure to pass this feedback on to our internal team for you! 

Highlighted

Hi

I'm Andy from the Ordersify team.

We have just created a new field on Ordersify Order Exporter.  https://prnt.sc/u9atlc

Please can install our app from here. https://apps.shopify.com/ordersify-order-exporter

If you have any questions, feel free to ask us via support@ordersify.com

Thank you so much.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
7 0 2

You say "you would simply add up the weight of each product " ... Why isn't this done automatically through the system? It seems silly to have to add up the weight yourself.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
78 0 5

Hello @teimim & @PaperCart 

With Report Pundit, it is possible to get the total weight & total quantity in to the report. The report also can be scheduled to email, google sheets, ftp. We create Business-specific custom reports.

Contact us by email at support@reportpundit.com  or our live chat support, we will create a report for you.

Thanks,
John

Report Pundit - Instant reports and custom dashboards
0 Likes