Gift Card Issues

Tourist
8 0 2

While Shopify doesn't offer this feature, you can use GiftWizard for that. GiftWizard enables your customers to send branded gift cards and helps stores to build a full store credit and reward program.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
4 0 1

We upgraded to use gift cards and shouldn't have to pay for a third party app to send a gift card to someone besides the buyer. Why would a buyer buy themselves a gift card??? They would just buy what they want? This is really basic and very likely a deal breaker for us.

0 Likes
Tourist
4 0 1

AND I'm really upset that it's taken so many woman-hours to discover this flaw. I thought we must be missing some basic function, since the natural assumption of a gift card is to give it to someone else. Shopify needs to do better on this. $19.99 a month for GiftWizard doesn't cut it. 

0 Likes
Tourist
3 0 1

Are there any updates on this issue of including the recipient's email address instead of the buyer? There should also be an option to select a send date since most people buy gift cards for special occasions (ie birthdays, holidays, anniversaries, etc) ahead of time, but want the receiver to get the gift card on the specific date. @Don

1 Like
Tourist
4 0 1

There has been no update on this within Shopify, and it's a pretty clunky system. As far as I have seen there is not currently a way within Shopify to add a recipient's email address or send a gift out on a certain day. Those would be great options!

1 Like
Tourist
8 0 2
I can understand your frustration. However, there are a few apps that can
help you to solve this problem and to add advanced gift card features. Most
of the solutions are out-of-the-box. You are more than welcome to try
Rise.ai .
0 Likes
Tourist
4 0 1

We absolutely should not have to pay $20 a month on top of the paid Shopify cost to get basic, expected gift card function. It's absurd. 

0 Likes