Gift Card disabled - Checkout coupon box

1 0 0

Hi, we have a problem, we have a gift card disabled on our store (and for shopify limit it cannot be canceled)  no gift card or discount code are active but on the checkout page we see the Discount coupon box

We need to hide the coupon field on checkout because it kills conversions

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
583 33 72

Hi, @italtoys !

Katy here from Shopify. I hope all is well with you and thank you for reaching out.

I do see what you are saying here. At present if you have any active discounts, or if you have sold a gift card from your store in the past, this field will then become activated.

As it is not possible on standard plans to customize the checkout, the only way to remove this entirely would be to deactivate all discounts and to remove the gift card option entirely from your store (e.g. by temporarily adjusting your plan) so as not support the gift card feature. From what I understand from your post is that the latter is not possible for you in this situation?

I am sorry to hear that you feel this is negatively affecting your conversions. Could you let me know a little more about how you have come to this conclusion specifically? Perhaps it may be due to disabling gift cards in general, rather than the box remaining as displayed? For example, if a gift card / discount is no longer valid, a customer should not expect to be able to use this regardless. If you had previously issued a gift card without an expiration date, perhaps you could explain this to any customers who may have purchased this, or to offer them something in exchange. Or conversely, maybe there are other factors that we can dig into regarding conversions entirely.

In either case I do however understand how this could be more seamless, so what I have done is added this as a feature request on your behalf. This will will be sent to and reviewed by our developers. In the mean time, an alternative option could be to edit the checkout language on your store (more specifically the discount code box) to explain to your customers that you are unable to process gift cards at this time.

I hope this helps, and thank you again for your feedback on this. If you have any questions, do feel free to let me know.

Cheers,
Katy

Katy | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes