Gift cards payments

Highlighted
Tourist
14 0 2
Hello,
Is there a way to restrict the payment of gift cards only to online payment method? I want to exclud the Cash on delivery method for gift cards.

Thank you!
2 Likes
Highlighted
Community Moderator
Community Moderator
3082 233 507

Hi @daiana,

Nick here from Shopify. Really good question! 

I looked into this for you and there doesn't seem to be a way to disable any of the sales channels for an issued gift card. The only thing you would be able to alter is the expiration date 

19-11-uolbp-i0x6q

You can see the help guide Shopify has for this going through everything about managing gift cards here.

Can I ask why you would like the exclude the COD aspect of the gift card? The reason I'm asking is that I want to add this as a feature request on your behalf for the future. With more context and the reasons behind this, it helps the team understand how this will benefit your business moving forward. 

Looking forward to hearing from you. 

All the best, Nick

Nick | Community Moderator @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
14 0 2

I want to exclude the COD method for my Gift cards because I don't deliver them. My customers receive the gift cards by email.

Thanks for your help

0 Likes
Highlighted
Community Moderator
Community Moderator
3082 233 507

Hi @daiana,

Thanks for getting back to me with extra context on this. I apologize as I made a mistake, you can edit the sales channels of the gift cards but the COD still falls under "Online Sales" in this instance. If you go to the gift card product page in your admin and then select "Manage" in the Product Availability section as seen below:

19-11-oyz0p-sy91o

You can then select the sales channels you would want this to be sold on by ticking the relevant boxes as seen below:

19-11-nmryb-k4svf

So in this instance, the only sales channel this would be available on is online sales. I will still add this to your feature request as I can see what you mean.

Thanks again for getting back to me on this. 

Nick | Community Moderator @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes