Greece and link with Greek Banks

Highlighted
1 0 0
Hi,

I'm thinking to create an eshop with shopify but usually some people tell me that there isn't a way to setup and link the Greek banks (alpha bank in my case) with Shopify.

I run my eshop now with PrestaShop but I've always been a fan of how cool Shopify is and how well designed. So now I receive payments either with PayPal or with Credit cards via my Bank. Some customers don't want PayPal so they choose Visa directly.

Is there any way that Shopify has found a way to work with Greek banks?! Like a plug in perhaps?!

I really want to move to Shopify my website.

PS. I'm selling the bags I'm creating and interior objects. I'm the manufacturer and sell worldwide.

Thank you,
Urania
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
605 20 191

Hey, Urania!

Aria here, one of the Social Care gurus at Shopify.

You can certainly create a Shopify store if you're in Greece. We're available in most countries. Rather than linking your Shopify account directly with your bank, you'd use a payment gateway who will send payouts to your bank account. You can find a list of payment gateways available for Greece in this guide.

I would suggest using a credit card gateway such as 2Checkout and also set up Paypal Express to give your customers options and increase your chances of closing the sale.

I love that you're creating your own unique products, that sounds exciting.

If you do want to get started with Shopify, you can find out more in this guide. Make sure you also sign up for the free business courses on Shopify Academy. Courses include how to set up a store, Instagram Marketing, Email Marketing, SEO (Search Engine Optimization), Product Photography and more.

I'm happy to give you more support as you go. Make sure you reach out if you want feedback on your store or if you want to discuss your marketing plan.

Aria | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted

Hi @Urga . 

@Aria's was absolutely right. 

Just to make sure that you are aware though, Stripe is officially available now in Greece, so you can create a free account, collect payments with Visa or any other credit card on your Shopify store and have your Shopify payouts sent to your preferred IBAN.

Hope this helps,

Cheers

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

hello 

Is there a way to connect my shopify store with Greek bank api.This because i would like to offer installment payment to my customers and through a Greek bank i can get prepayment for all my sales that will be through customers installment payments 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
605 20 191

Hey, @vstock!

You can find all the available payment methods in this guide

For accepting instalments from your customers, you could try Splitit Monthly Payments.

Aria | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes