HELP! Difference in Checkout pricing vs what is listed - BROOKLYN THEME

Solved
littlebaebella
Tourist
12 0 5

Hi there,

I just got an order and the pricing is off. The checkout price is different from what is listed.

It's an international customer.

Would anybody be able to help find the root cause of this? Screenshots below. Please help!

Screen Shot 2020-09-06 at 8.39.07 pm.png

Screen Shot 2020-09-06 at 8.46.39 pm.png

Screen Shot 2020-09-06 at 8.46.21 pm.png

Screen Shot 2020-09-06 at 8.46.30 pm.png

  

0 Likes
Miles
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
373 43 80

This is an accepted solution.

Hi, @littlebaebella!

I'm Miles from the Social Care team at Shopify. Thanks so much for letting us know you're having trouble with pricing in your checkout. As you haven't linked the store itself, I'm not able to try and replicate the issue. If my suggestions below aren't helpful, please reply to this thread with a link to your store so I can take a look at what might be happening.

The two possibilities that jump out at me straight away are taxes and currency. I'll go through each possibility below.

Taxes
The way you've set up your taxes can influence the pricing at the checkout. For example, if you head to Settings > Taxes and scroll to the bottom of the page, you'll see three checkboxes like this:

As the screenshot suggests, if the first box is not checked, then the prices shown on your website will exclude tax, meaning it will be added on in the checkout. If that box is ticked, then the pricing should remain the same from the product page all the way to the final payment being made. Try playing around with that checkbox to see if that resolves the problem. If you need assistance with taxes, chat to a tax professional or check out our handy guide: https://bit.ly/2zQM1Ii.

Currencies
You mentioned this issue occurred for an international customer. If you're only seeing this for international purchases, it may be that the products are being displayed in one currency, and the checkout is showing in their own currency. If you have Shopify Payments and multi-currency enabled, head to Settings > Payments > Manage (above Shopify Payments) and you'll see a list of the currencies you've currently had enabled. Here's an example of what it may look like:

Again, have a play around with these and make sure it's all set up correctly. Check out our guide of selling in multiple currencies for more information: https://bit.ly/2yzuEeX.

If the above suggestions don't help resolve the issue, please let me know by replying to this thread. If you could include the following information, that will be super helpful:

• Your store URL
  • Links to the products your customer added
  • The country your customer was purchasing from

I look forward to hearing back from you and hope you're able to resolve it with the suggestions above.

Miles | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

littlebaebella
Tourist
12 0 5

Thank you so much Miles! You were right about the taxes.

Seems like this one is a new update because I have not experienced this with previous international transactions.

One last question, does the "Show all prices with tax included" that you've mentioned supersede the "Charge tax on this product" as screenshot below?

Screen Shot 2020-09-07 at 10.59.09 pm.png

 Let me know! Thanks so much for your assistance and help!

0 Likes
Miles
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
373 43 80

Hi, @littlebaebella!

Wow, I'm so happy to hear we worked out the issue. How good is the feeling of getting something sorted out?!

Great question. With this one, they would both need to be checked. In some countries and regions, there are different rules on tax - and what can or cannot be charged. So by checking "Show all prices with tax included", the prices you've set for each product will include tax as long as "Charge tax on this product" is also checked on the products. If you have a lot of products and need to bulk update the charge taxes box, we have a great way to do this quickly and easily.

Also, check out our list of shortcuts to help you quickly edit the items in the bulk editor.

I hope this has made sense, but please let me know if you need any further clarification at all.

Thanks!

Miles | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes