HELP! ?? FREE PLUS SHIPPING METHOD SETUP

Highlighted
1 0 0

Hi, I am creating my store and I am going to offer FREE SHIPPING ON ORDERS OVER $35 but I want to create a “FREE + PLUS SHIPPING” offer for a product or two.

I tried setting up my rates but I have a problem when changing the quantity for the “free product” because the shipping cost doesn’t double (e.g. 2 free  products x 4.95 for shipping = $4.95 rather than 4.95 x 2).

Is there a workaround this? I’d appreciate it ???? I’m new to this and I am about to start my Facebook campaign. 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff (Retired)
Shopify Staff (Retired)
228 0 34

Hi, there!

Anders from the Shopify Social Care team here. I hope you're doing well today! 

Thank you for providing these screenshots. For the 'Free + Shipping' model, I actually suggest using weight-based rates for this exact reason. However, it does require you to play around with the weights of your products. First, you will want to add a weight value to each of the products that you want to offer free + shipping, for example, 0.1 kgs. Your products will also need to be set to 'this is a physical product'

Once your products are all set to be 0.1kg, then you can begin to build out the weight categories with the proper shipping options. For example, 0.1kg - 0.1kg = $4.95, 0.2kg - 02kg = $9.90, 0.3kg - 0.3kg = $14.85 and so on. That would look like this:

For this to work, however, the products you wish to have the price based rates apply to cannot have a set weight. You can set those to 0.0kg so that when people try to checkout, they will only pull the price based rates.

If you have any questions on the above process, please do let me know! 

Anders3 | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes