HELP! I just made my first sale and no shipping was added

Highlighted
2 0 1

I am not sure how to do the charging of shipping. I just sold my 1st items which is a pillow. The pillow is $25 and she paid that. However, no shipping was charged to her and now I don't know how to ship the item. If I spend the money on shipping I won't make much at all... So how do I charge the customer shipping after they have checked out and placed an order?

0 Likes
Highlighted

Hello 

Refer below url to add shipping:

https://help.shopify.com/en/manual/shipping/rates-and-methods/manual-rates

Want to modify or incorporate custom changes on store, Hire us
If helpful then please Like and Accept Solution .
Email: pallavi@oscprofessionals.com
Whats app
Free Website Review and advice for sale from Shopify Conversion Experts | Shopify Private App | Custom Theme Development | Custom Modifications In To Shopify Theme | Shopify SEO ; Digital Marketing & amp | Site Speed Optimization | Performance Site Audit
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
469 58 118

Hey, @GracedbytheSout!

My name is Lizzy and I’m from the support team at Shopify.

@oscprofessional has shared a great resource with you for getting your shipping settings set up! I strongly recommend reading over our help docs on Shipping to get an idea of how to charge your customers shipping costs. That way for your next orders you will be charging the right amount. An alternative option would be to increase your product costs slightly to cover the shipping you will need to pay.

This page here is another great spot to checkout, as it has advice on developing a shipping strategy and getting the initial set up done. 

At this point this isn't a way to add a charge to your existing order. However, you do have the option of creating a draft order to cover the cost of shipping. This page explains about creating draft orders.

While it is entirely up to your how you would like to handle this situation going forward, my recommendation would be to not charge your customer an extra cost after the fact. Customer trust and your store's reputation will go a long way in helping your business to grow and reaching out after they've already purchased to issue an extra charge could lead to a negative experience on their end.

This post here talks about customer trust and how to make sure your store is set up to encourage customer to buy! 

Please feel free to continue the conversation here, and let me know if you have any questions about what I've said.

Thank you,
Lizzy

Lizzy | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 1
Thank you and no I would never charge the customer at this point. I will eat my cost to save the relationship for sure.
1 Like
Highlighted
3 0 0

Olá configura valores  de frete na configuração!

@GracedbytheSout wrote:

I am not sure how to do the charging of shipping. I just sold my 1st items which is a pillow. The pillow is $25 and she paid that. However, no shipping was charged to her and now I don't know how to ship the item. If I spend the money on shipping I won't make much at all... So how do I charge the customer shipping after they have checked out and placed an order?

0 Likes