HELP! Shopify is doubling my shipping

Msboyd
Tourist
3 0 4

When I removed the shipping rates, it says that I can't ship to the customer from the customers end of the shopping cart.

0 Likes
otlit
4 0 0

From 2019 to now, Shopify still do not have a proper solution to a shipping fee problem, as a ecommerce platform....
They just blame the merchant and never help.

0 Likes
Monae
2 0 0

Hi, 

I am having the same problem. I ship from the same location, I have two shipping profiles, one offers free shipping according to order price, the other calculates shipping according to weight. My customers are charged double the shipping when they combine products in the both shipping profiles.

Could you please help!

Thanks

0 Likes
FarmhouseFurn
1 0 0

Everyone, Please check out AndusMcabu reply on page 5 of this thread.  I have tested and it works perfectly.  A couple of clarification points though I had to figure out to actually get it to work.

1. Use a different and unique Rate Name in each different profile. Shopify even pops up a warning suggesting to use the same rate name so it can add those rates together for different profiles.

2. First, set up your General shipping profile that for your default location and give it a particular 'Flat Rate', then set up a different profile for an app, such as Oberlo or which ever other dropshipper you are using. Then add the correct products to the different profiles.

- If both profiles have the same Rate Name of "Flat Rate", Shopify will add everything together to double your rates.

-If one profile has "Flat Rate" and the other has "Standard Rate", then Shopify will only render one of those rates at check out and does not double or add them together.

This biggest pain is that this requires a separate profile for each shipping location and a differently named rate.  Works for smaller shops with less locations, but could become difficult if you are trying to create a profile for an exorbitant number of locations.

0 Likes
Kirstenedwards
1 0 0

Did you get a resolution here? I am in exactly the same boat. Seems crazy you can’t combine shipping or anything at check out. 

0 Likes
Merje_Shaw1
Excursionist
12 0 11

This works! I kind of wish I would have figured out how to do this BEFORE I signed up to annual billing but it works. Just do it

@FarmhouseFurn wrote:

Everyone, Please check out AndusMcabu reply on page 5 of this thread.  I have tested and it works perfectly.  A couple of clarification points though I had to figure out to actually get it to work.

1. Use a different and unique Rate Name in each different profile. Shopify even pops up a warning suggesting to use the same rate name so it can add those rates together for different profiles.

2. First, set up your General shipping profile that for your default location and give it a particular 'Flat Rate', then set up a different profile for an app, such as Oberlo or which ever other dropshipper you are using. Then add the correct products to the different profiles.

- If both profiles have the same Rate Name of "Flat Rate", Shopify will add everything together to double your rates.

-If one profile has "Flat Rate" and the other has "Standard Rate", then Shopify will only render one of those rates at check out and does not double or add them together.

This biggest pain is that this requires a separate profile for each shipping location and a differently named rate.  Works for smaller shops with less locations, but could become difficult if you are trying to create a profile for an exorbitant number of locations.

0 Likes

Hi 

@Merje_Shaw1@AndusMcabu & @FarmhouseFurn 

This issue is also proving to be a right headache for me.

We have just started using a fulfilment centre and have set it up as another location to enable us to monitor inventory and are having the same problem.

Before I start going down the path of your combined solutions, I was wondering if either of you were:

• using this work around for 2 Shopify locations (instead of 1 Shopify location and 1 app location)
  • could you impart more detail on how you would remove your store location from a shipping profile.... or if you mean remove shipping profile from current default store location and create a new location to be used as the primary store re. inventory but not set to default in locations
  • able to share any screenshots

There are a lot frustrated people out there that would really value a good guide to this... I have seen so many topics in different forums about this issue.

To complicate things further, I am also using Zapiet store pickup app which has shipping rates

I am amazed that Shopify can't just enable a switch within settings to override duplicate shipping rates to the same zones

Many thanks in advance

0 Likes
JaDogg
2 0 0

I have been trying that work around and it seems it is still adding the rates together

Why is this so hard.  I thought I had screwed something up and I would sit down and figure it out tonight.  I have spent the whole night frustrated as heck and reading everything I can.  

0 Likes
kimskicks23
2 0 0

Didn't work for me either.  This is absolutely nuts!  We can't even control how our own business runs.  It actually makes no sense at all that we can't charge what we want for shipping.  It's our damn business!  Seems like a obvious thing sellers would do and should have the option to do.  I've been going at this for days!  I'm being forced to have free shipping which literally messes everything up for me!  People always say "Just add the shipping cost in your prices".  That either means that my prices won't be competitive or I will have barely any profit which defeats even having this business.  I am BEYOND stressed over this!  I put soooooooo many hours into this, saving the shipping for last.  Come to find out it may have all been for nothing!  I'm sick!

0 Likes
kimskicks23
2 0 0

That seems to work but only for some POD vendors not all.  Shopify keeps giving me the "failed to upload" message when trying to change the "fulfillment service" to Shopify with products from one of the POD vendors I use.  It worked for 3 others but not that one.  Will this cause any issues with routing the orders properly?  Will the correct vendor still get the order if listed as Shopify being the fulfillment service?

0 Likes