HELP! Shopify is doubling my shipping

Highlighted
1 0 0

I am unsure how this is happening. I am completely new to the shopify world. I just opened my store and had my first order and was thrown off my shipping. My domestic rate is $14.99. She ordered 4 items. and her shipping as $29.98? Exactly double of my rate. How is this happening? I have no conditions on my rates as they are flat rates no matter what. I then went to my website incognito and tried placing an order normally..and sure enough at shipping it was $29.98. Why is it not using my $14.99 rate i made in the shipping profile?
Screen Shot 2019-10-13 at 10.31.25 AM.pngScreen Shot 2019-10-13 at 10.33.39 AM.png

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
540 31 86

Hi, @LMLC.

Tira here, from Shopify!

I would love to help you out with your question on why shipping was doubled for your customer at checkout. Could you please provide the following so I can look at this together with you?:

- Your myshopify.com URL

- The links to the items on your storefront that your customer checked out

- How many shipping profiles you've set up and their rates

Once I have this information from you, I can take a look at your store and assist you further.

I look forward to hearing from you!

Tira | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0

The same thing is happening to me

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
540 31 86

Hi, @DaviAreias.

Tira here, from Shopify Support.

I would be happy to look into why your shipping is also doubling at checkout. Please reply to this thread with the information I listed in my post above. Once I have this information, I can look into this for you further and provide you with some resources/guidance.

I look forward to hearing from you!  

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

The same is happening with our shop. Please Help!

1) pretty-spirits.myshopify.com

2) 2 shipping profiles : Drop shipper no international and drop shipping global

3) Drop shipper no international rates are 4.80 below $50 and free above $51

4) Drop shipping global rates are: US 4.80 below $50 and free above $51 / Other US is $22 flat rate/ Rest of the world $13 under $50 and $8 over $51

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0

Same happened to me only for two selected products.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
540 31 86

Hi, @PrettySpirits and @LoneDesignClub.

Tira here, from Shopify.

Thank you for providing your store and shipping profile details. I'm happy to shed some light on the reason your shipping rates may be multiplying at checkout.

It looks like you have items that are in different locations. Is that right? 

I want you to know that seeing a multiplied shipping rate at checkout is expected behaviour if the shipping profiles and products added to the cart match the above conditions and also have the same names and same rates. 

When this happens, the rates consolidate and this doubles the cost of shipping at checkout. If the items are fulfilled from the same location, and contained in different profiles, this will also add together the rates from each profile. Check out our help doc that explains how rates are combined at checkout, with examples for products in different profiles and when one location can fulfill an order, here: Shipping Profiles - Combined rates.

I understand that this may not be ideal and I am happy to provide assistance on a solution based on what you're looking to do. 

Would you like to price your shipping based on the cart cost, or the cart weight? 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
7 0 1

This is also happening to me because my items are shipped from different locations. Why did this change? I've been running the shop for a while and was always able to just charge shipping once.

More importantly - please provide instructions on making sure it only applies shipping once.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
540 31 86

Hi, @Merje_Shaw.

Tira here, from Shopify.

I'm happy to help. If you're using Shipping Profiles and have activated multi-origin shipping (where you can ship from more than one location), the rates will be added together at checkout. 

If you would like to have a flat rate on shipping, you'll need to change to single-origin shipping. You're correct that we used to have shipping rates at checkout that did not combine rates. Single-origin shipping is when shipping rates are based on one shipping origin address, which would be exactly the way they were before Shipping Profiles were introduced with multi-origin shipping. 

If you've opted for multi-origin shipping (check out our help doc here for the steps: Activate multi-origin shipping), you won't be able to reverse this from the Shopify admin. I understand that this is important to your business, so I would like to take a look at your store to see what options are available. 

To make it easier for you, I've sent an email to the email address listed in your profile. Could you please check your inbox? 

Once I have a reply from you, I can take a look. 

I look forward to hearing from you. 

0 Likes