HELP! Shopify is doubling my shipping

CD
Excursionist
18 0 4

I am having the same issue! I want to offer a flat rate shipping but I have multiple locations which is charging double of the price if a customer adds  products from different locations and triple if he/she adds 3 products from 3 different locations - this is ABSOLUTELY UNBELIEVABLE!

Did someone find an answer? Please advice!

lantern
2 0 5
I’m still having an issue with this as well. There’s no way to disable multi origin shipping (especially for apps!) and why shouldn’t shops with more that one location be able to offer flat rate shipping anyway? It really is time Shopify fixed this!

##- Please type your reply above this line -#
Dinosaur
Tourist
7 0 10

Please fix it, Shopify! Don't sell us a car without a steering wheel. We need this in our settings.

Merje_Shaw1
Excursionist
12 0 12
How did you fix it? I still haven’t
PParsley
Excursionist
17 0 6

I changed the "Inventory Managed By" to Shopify on each item. That worked for me. 

0 Likes
CD
Excursionist
18 0 4

Changing "Inventory Managed By" won't cause problems with IRS because each State has different taxes??????????

PLEASE SHOPIFY HELP US! OR at least advise! 

0 Likes
sg_dPT
1 0 2
I had the same issue and Shopify agents could not help, but I figured it out with God's help and I hope this can help you too.  So I use 3 PODs, (Teelaunch, Printed Mint and Printify).  When I added a Printed Mint and Teelaunch product the flat rate shipping was correct, but when I added a Printify product the flat rate shipping DOUBLED.  From the Printify app I "Imported my Shopify Zones", then I
disconnected the app from my Shopify store, then I reintegrated the app to my Shopify store.  IT WORKS!!!!!!!!
domino
2 0 4

I've been experiencing the same issue with doubled shipping and found this thread. Yet another confirmation (5th this year) that it's time to ditch Shopify for good and find an alternative

TLD
1 0 1

I seemed to have fixed it for my store, but this solution might not work for everyone. We have 3 locations setup, but I removed the shipping rates for 2 of them and now only have shipping rates for 1 location, I have tested to see if a product is only in stock in a location without the shipping rates then it still allows the purchase to happen and it only charges the one shipping rate. I hope this helps other people!

badpharmastore
Tourist
7 0 11

I think I figured out one fix that works after a couple chats with Shopify support. The first person I talked to was completely unhelpful (extensive solutions were given to problems other than the one I was experiencing). I tried again and got somebody who seemed determined to figure out a fix, but at first was unable to find a solution other than to suggest shipping apps. She then got back to me later and offered this advice:

We can push this manually through the product editor:

1. Choose your product you would like to change inventory management for

2. Scroll to the inventory settings

3. Change "Inventory managed by" to "Shopify"

She provided this link as an example:

https://screenshot.click/10-13-virzq-focxp.mp4

I tested this on a few products and it seems to be working. I am getting the intended shipping rate rather than a doubled rate. The issue still is that this must be changed for each size of each variant for each product, so it is incredibly tedious. It really should not be this difficult, but at least it seems for the time being that this fix will work.