HELP! Shopify is doubling my shipping

Merje_Shaw1
Excursionist
12 0 12
How do you then make sure that the notification still goes to the correct fulfilment centre?
0 Likes
badpharmastore
Tourist
7 0 10

Yeah, that's what I was worried about too. I'm using Printful and Printify. After I made the changes to a couple products, I placed an order with each to test and both routed appropriately. The Printful order has already shipped, so it seems like everything is working.

0 Likes
badpharmastore
Tourist
7 0 10

Now I am running into an issue where when somebody orders something from Printful, the "inventory managed by" designation changes back to Printful from Shopify. So the next time somebody orders that SKU with an item from another POD provider in the cart, the shipping rate will double. So every time an order is placed the "inventory managed by" designation will have to be manually changed back to Shopify for that SKU. This is incredibly frustrating and I continue to be completely dismayed that there is not a fix to something that seems so simple. None of this should be complicated. Just let me charge what I want for shipping, that is really all I am asking here. If Shopify truly does not have a fix for this double shipping rate issue this is a complete oversight and an utter failure on their part. The fact that this problem continues to persist is going to be detrimental to my business.

Ben1992
Tourist
6 0 1

Has anyone got a solution?

I fear I am becoming deeply depressed because of this issue. I haven't had a postal sale since September and I have a daughter to look after. 

Please help as a matter of urgency. 

0 Likes
Ben1992
Tourist
6 0 1

Did you find a solution? Please help. 

0 Likes
CD
Excursionist
18 0 4

I followed what TLD posted earlier... I know it is not the best solution... but it is a solution right now:

"I seemed to have fixed it for my store, but this solution might not work for everyone. We have 3 locations setup, but I removed the shipping rates for 2 of them and now only have shipping rates for 1 location, I have tested to see if a product is only in stock in a location without the shipping rates then it still allows the purchase to happen and it only charges the one shipping rate. I hope this helps other people!"

0 Likes
tomchan
Excursionist
12 0 4

Still no fix on Shopify's side.

It is absurd that shopify keeps on complicate things, make mistakes and ignore customers' business. 

Problems with new functions. Random Bugs in old ones. Useless support team. 

No one should use Shopify to run their business if they want a stable, expandable ecommerce site.

Dinosaur
Tourist
7 0 10

Any instructions to set it up?

I have 3 shipping categories: standard $30, small $5 and medium $10 parcels.

Standard are big items and does not meet free delivery. Small & medium are 'small accessories'.

Case 1: Customer buy standard item and small. He was charged $30 + $5.  Exact should be $30, highest rate

Case 2: Customer buy small and medium accessories, was charged $5 + $10. Exact should be $10, highest rate

Case 3: Customer buy 15 medium accessories, was charged $10. Unable to set quantity / weight limit for this item.

Case 4: Customer buy 10 medium + 1 small + 1 standard, was charged $10 + $5 + $30. Exact should be $30, highest rate.

0 Likes
Dinosaur
Tourist
7 0 10

Heading into Dinosaur technology.

@Ash : This is extremely painful, frustrating, time-consuming, disappointing, exhausting for us. Your developer need to provide our needs, not his wants. We are wasting alot of time here for your developer to wake up.  So what you recommend instead of apps?: Move over to Wix, Big Commerce?

alexN19
1 0 0

Same issue! Did u find a fix to the double charging?

0 Likes