HELP! Shopify is doubling my shipping

tomchan
Excursionist
12 0 4
Shopify never learns. When rolling out a new fancy function, they have to
keep the old function an option, or at least provide a rollback option.
Saying 'we warned you' is not a proper attitude.
0 Likes
Cydone
Tourist
8 0 7

Every single day we are getting calls and emails from customers, about double shipping, who either have put in an order, are about to, or is simply just pissed off and drops the purchase all together.

Double shipping is ruining the work we have put in, to make the purchase experience as smooth as possible.

Its extremely frustrating.

Nobody benefits from this. It must be a massive drag for Shopify. A seemingly pretty simple fix, that could probably increase the sales about 1-10% of the users having multiple locations.

We are losing 1-10 orders a day on this alone.

I fear what will happen if we scale from here, which is the plan.

Silly Shopify.

albertlaplante
1 0 0

Nice advice! It works very well.

0 Likes
Dinosaur
Tourist
7 0 10

which method u used?

0 Likes
BillyBrown
8 0 0

I was looking at possible free Shopify apps that might solve this issue.

'Customship' sounds like it may be a solution to this issue. I'm waiting to hear back from their support to see if it's a possible option.

0 Likes
kirkpatb
1 0 1

@BillyBrown Please share any updates on the 3rd party solution Customship. It would be greatly appreciated. Did it work?

Cdesouz
3 0 0

I need some assistance in stopping my shore from charging shipping on each item thats  placed in the cart . I would like to only charge one flat rate shipping price  please help

email : theGoalFriendbrand@outlook.com 

0 Likes
customsbybrii
1 0 0

When i add more then one item it doubles the shipping.. I made my own flat rate of 6.50 no matter what. why is this calculating this way?

0 Likes
Cdesouz
3 0 0

I have yet to get a response and I am losing customers because  of it 

0 Likes
AndusMcabu
Tourist
5 0 5

A year or so later and this seems to still be an issue with no help from Shopify. The only "solution" they offer is to use a paid app.

I seem to have found  a simple solution that works for me without any messing about. I don't know if this works because Shopify eventually made changes or something, but it works nonetheless.

All my locations were in one shipping profile with the same flat rate. I have my one default store location, and a few different app locations for dropshipping and POD apps.

Like everyone else, every time items from different locations were added to the cart, there would be the doubling up of postage fees, but I noticed that it would never actually go more than double, even if I had items from 3 or 4 different app locations. This led me to the solution.

I removed my store location from the shipping profile and created a new shipping profile for it with a new name. The zones and rates etc were set the same as they were on the other profile. 

Now, no matter how many items I add from different app locations, it will now always only have the single shipping fee being charged. 

As far as calculating shipping fees are concerned, It seems that Shopify counts all the app locations as just 1 location, plus the store location being one location each. 

When you have different shipping profiles with different names, Shopify will only pick one shipping option.