HELP | Trying to seperate shipping costs within a state/territory. NSW in Australia is huge and the shipping costs are vast. I need to seperate Sydney from NSW wide and have two different rates within it

Highlighted
4 0 0

Our store is www.forthem.co

We are trying to setup different shipping costs for 

Sydney (which is within the NSW State)

NSW wide (excluding Sydney) - people who are in NSW but are not in Sydney.

Sydney shipping costs to us are approx $10-15

NSW shipping costs are approx $25 

So we need a way to seperate these out. We are not using weight based shipping costs or anything like that, and we aren't using any pluggin software to auto calculate the shipping costs. We are currently using price-based rates for all of the territories.

All other 7 states are working really well, I just need one solution for this state within Australia. 

I can't apply just one shipping cost for NSW because we have a different product range to SYDNEY and rest of austrlia which includes NSW.

Your help would be much appreciated!

Happy to sign up to any paid aps that can solve this solution for this state..

Thank you :)

Anthony

0 Likes
Highlighted

Hey Anthony,

It looks like our shipping calculation app, Intuitive Shipping, would be a great fit for your needs. We currently have a lot of Australian merchants using us for this exact reason :) 

If the shipping for the other 6 States all works great, then you will just need to create 2 Shipping Scenarios - one for Sydney, and another for the rest of NSW. You will want to create a Condition based on Post Code for each of these Shipping Scenarios and then add a Shipping Method to each. This tutorial will help you with how to set the Post Code Conditions. We have more tutorials here as well, including how to test your setup, though we're always happy to review your setup to make sure everything is set up properly. 

Intuitive Shipping is free to use while in Testing Mode (which it defaults to), which will give you as much time as you need to get things set up and tested before you activate your free 14-day trial.

Please note that all third-party shipping calculation apps require Shopify's Carrier Calculated Shipping feature. This feature is included in the Advanced or Plus plans, and if you are on the Basic or Shopify plan, you can have this feature added for $20/month a-la-carte, or free if you switch to annual billing (which also saves you 10% on your Shopify subscription!). Please Contact Shopify to have this feature added to your plan. 

Please reach out to us at support@intuitiveshipping.com if you have any questions at all - we're happy to help! 

Warm regards,
Sharon 

Co-Founder / CEO @ Intuitive Shipping
Execute a strategic approach to shipping | Intuitive Shipping | Automate Shipping Profiles
1 Like
Highlighted
4 0 0

Thank you so much, this is very helpful. 

Your team wouldn't happen to have the post codes handy for NSW since your customers have already done this? Am installing your APP now and setting it up :)

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Expert
9872 100 1710

There's a bunch of apps that can do what you need here since they use the CarrierService API. Standard Shopify shipping options won't let you refine things down to the postcode level, so that's where apps take over.

You can get the data from Aus post for a nominal fee ($75) last time I checked or try handy sites like this:
https://www.matthewproctor.com/australian_postcodes

Do note that data not direct from aus post might be out of date but could be good enough for your needs.

★ Winning Partner of the Build a Business competition. ★ http://freakdesign.com.au
1 Like
Highlighted
4 0 0

I've looked at the postcode data - thanks for sending this through.

Is the only way sifting through thousands of postcodes and manually loading them one by one with it's own pricing strategy?

Some of the postcodes are all over the show so doing a range generally won't work such as all postcodes from 2000-2500 apply $6.50 rate etc.

This looks like a huge job, am I right? Or is there a more efficient way.. ?

0 Likes
Highlighted
4 0 0

Does your team provide a paid service implementing and assisting with setup?

0 Likes