HELP! can not find any payments gateway for dropshipping from india

Highlighted
3 0 0

Hi, I'm a dropshipper based in India. i only have Paypal express checkout on my store as a result a lot of cart abandonments. I have tried connecting all they payment gateways listed on Shopify payment providers list for India but they are saying that they do not support Dropshipping business. Can someone please help?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
309 31 49

Hi, @!

Rose here from Shopify. Thanks for reaching out!

As of right now, the only payment gateways available for merchants in India are listed here. If the payment providers are not allowing you to use the gateway on a count of the nature of your business, there is not much that can be done on our end. Discussion in that regard can only be done with the payment gateway directly. 

With that being said, PayPal is a highly sought after option for fast checkout and would certainly be a great primary payment option for your customers. However, I understand it may not be readily available to the some of the residents in India. This is why a Cash on Delivery option is very popular. We have an Advanced Cash on Delivery application that will allow you to have more control over the Cash on Delivery process. It will allow you to:

• Set a price range for cash on delivery orders
  • Specify the pincodes where you want to offer cash on delivery
  • Add cash on delivery fee for orders
  • Add an availability checker to your store’s theme so your customers can check cash on delivery eligibility for their pincode

I hope that helps! If you have any other questions, please let me know.

Cheers!

Rose | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
3 0 0

Thanks for the reply, all of my customers are international mostly from UK and US so should i still use COD?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
309 31 49

If you have mostly international customers, the Cash on Delivery will not be effective. I would suggest keeping PayPal as the primary payment gateway. PayPal is commonly used in the USA and UK therefore you shouldn't see too many abandoned carts from this.

I hope that helps!

Cheers!

Highlighted
3 0 0

yes i already use Paypal but not having cards payments im loosing alot of money. 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
309 31 49

I definitely understand the predicament you are in. Since you are unable to use any other available payment provider in India, I would suggest utilizing your abandoned cart emails as much as possible to increase sales. We have a great guide on recovering abandoned checkouts that might be of interest in this situation. 

I hope that helps.

Cheers!

0 Likes