HELP with Shipping Setup PLEASE If Using AliExpress (International) and Domestic Drop Shipper

Highlighted
3 0 0

Hello,

I am a new Shopify User and just purchased the basic plan.  I am excited and thrilled to start my Ecommerce journey.  :).

My plan is to sell products from Oberlo and Spocket in my store.  I am challenged and struggling in a couple areas in reference to shipping.  I have been doing some research and homework and watched the video from Oberlo on how to setup my shipping rates when using Oberlo etc. however i feel like i'm not making progress.

Below are my thoughts and questions if you could please point this newbee in any direction or to manuals more tutorials that helps me setup my shipping, i would greatly appreciate.  And any tips as well.

1.  If we are using mixed drop shipping vendors like AliExpress and Spocket (or any domestic drop shipper), what is the best way to setup shipping zones and rates as AliExpress is international shipping while Spocket is a domestic shipper from my understanding.

2.  My other nagging thought or question is as a seller, doesn't my customer who is purchasing my product coming from AliExpress really does not have many shipping options when it comes to choosing shipping?   What i mean is I will be selecting ePacket so the customer essentially has no other option but to wait 5 to 20 days (on average) for their product and CANNOT really select another faster shipping method? Correct? 

So in summary, i need help in understanding how to set shipping when i have a national and international drop shipper and is there a way i can somehow make sure my customer does not select a different option for AliExpress products if i'm thinking correctly as i explained above?

Thank you Thank you Thank you :)

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
11 0 1

Hello, I was having similiar products whilst starting my ecommerce journey.

When adding shipping zones for your countries, you'd want to see different product prices + shipping times in both aliexpress and 'SPocket', What I did was, I added the 20 major countries in my shipping zone and opened 5 aliexpress products on the aliexpress site, I then changed the shipping location to all those 5 products in aliexpress to the country I wanted to see. If one aliexpress product for USA took 10-20 days to ship, and others took 20 - 30.

I would make my shipping zone the average "10 - 30 days". If 4 products for example say 10 - 20 days, and one says 10 - 30, you can get away with just 10 - 20 since you can look at different suppliers for that country.

You want to see the average shipping times for each product. Not all countries support ePacket, it may say epacket at the top, but that may only be to USA. For your shipping prices, make a flat rate on all shipping zones for '9.99'.

Then make a rule on your store that customers recieve free shipping on orders over $50. If a supplier charges over that amount for shipping, or if a supplier has ridiculous shipping times, you can also look at other people supplying the same product.

You only want to have 1 shipping method for all products. This makes it a lot easier and cost effective to handle transactions and shipments in general.

Be careful when making shipping zones since not all countries have ePacket.

Once you've added 20 major countries, you can create a broad shipping times for the remaining countries. I would do "10 - 60" days. It's unlikely that people would order from remote areas, but in the case you do, you'd want to do as I've said to prevent chargebacks and disputes from unhappy customers!

Tell me if I helped and if you need anything else feel free to reply.

1 Like
Highlighted
1 0 0

Then make a rule on your store that customers recieve free shipping on orders over $50. If a supplier charges over that amount for shipping, or if a supplier has ridiculous shipping times, you can also look at other people supplying the same product.  

try to check whether those products you will ship have a higher demand in that area, so that it can be cost effective.

consider average delivery time to 15 Days.

when you get an order from remote areas Check the availibility of that product in that area (more orders) if cost effective the ship.

0 Likes