Handling payment gateways for Indian Shopify Dropshippers

Highlighted
1 0 0

1) Do we need to register business name and get GST number mandatory for Paypal business account, selling items through Shopify Dropshipping to US,UK and European countries for Indians?

2) Can we use Paypal individual account for international transactions without using Paypal business account for Shopify Dropshippers in India? 

3)What is the best payment providers to accept credit/debit cards other than Paypal,2Checkout for Indian Dropshippers?

4) What are all the payment methods which don't require business account,SSN and other things to accept payments through Shopify for Indian Dropshippers ?

Please answer all the listed queries in-detailed so that it would helpful for our business and Indian Dropshippers,Thanks for in advance..

0 Likes
Highlighted
Community Moderator
Community Moderator
3386 252 602

Hi @petsinmylife,

Nick here from Shopify. Really good questions, let's take a look at them below:

1. To register for a PayPal business account I don't believe you would need to register a business name or get a GST number first. This is something which would be best to ask PayPal in their community here or support here to be 100% sure. 
  2. Something to note is that to link your PayPal account to Shopify as a gateway it must be a business PayPal account. You can also see the help document Shopify has for setting up PayPal Express Checkout India here23-24-uidoh-3jvzb
  3. To find out everything you need to know and other available payment gateways for India, you can see the Shopify help guide for it here. The other gateways available are PayU, RazorPay, Paytm, CC Avenue and CashFree which would support credit and debit cards for your store. 
  4. I'm not entirely sure which payment gateways require what details to be able to accept payments. Your best bet here is to reach out to the gateways individually to find out what they require to be able to use them as a payment gateway. They would be independent of Shopify and because of that, they would know best about what is required from them.

I hope this helps, answers your questions and points you in the right direction for any next steps on getting set up. 

All the best, Nick 

Nick | Community Moderator @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
5 0 0

hey,did u find the soulution.I am also looking for the same

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

I am also facing the same issues. PayPal allows us to create a business account without GST registration, but when I linked the PayPal express checkout with my Shopify store it is not accepting any payments.

When I deactivated the account and reactivated it, it is asking for the GST number. I don't understand when the system is not designed to accept any payment without business registration then why are they allowing to create business account without GST. This is terrible.

0 Likes
Highlighted
3 0 0

You have to register your business. None of the payment gateway providers will provide you with a payment gateway without registering your dropshipping business.

0 Likes