Have a sales but 0 return (Integrate Aliorder as my App)

Solved
Highlighted
Tourist
5 0 1

Hi, I hope some expert can help me here. First of all I am new and doing a bit of test and design of my "store". I am using Aliorders to integrate drop-shipping from Ali express suppliers. Anyway, the main problem I have is that in my testing I bought certain products just to see if my store is functioning as expected, the product quality and delivery time frame. I completed the order and paid and then after a week it says "fulfilled" then I check my return and to my surprise it's 0.00 while the GROSS and NET are same value. I do not know what happen and which area I missed as I thought that Aliorder already have x2 calculation for the price of the item.

Screenshots here:

Shopify admin

shopifysales.pngshopifypayout.png

AliOrder admin

aliorder.png

In Product page

aliorder_variant_pricing.png

Don't worry about the price, they updated it so its not same as above. The profit is $9.99 NZD - Tax

Can someone help me understand or if you also have experienced what I experiencing?

Thank you guys,

A

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1051 61 124

This is an accepted solution.

Hi there @archerv!

Don here from Shopify. :)

While I can't comment on the functionality of your Aliorders app here I can give you more info on how returns would work in your store and reports.

In this context, a return is a product or order which your customer has decided not to keep for whatever reason and is returning to you.

It would not be a profit margin or difference in cost-of-goods sold functionality.

There's a bit more info on that here on our help site on how sales and returns work in your reports. 

If you do need more info on how that app works I would direct you to contact the app developers by using the contact details here on the app store page or by clicking on 'Get support' next to the app in your Apps menu in the Shopify admin.

All the best!

Regards,

Don

Don | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
5 0 1

Hi Don,

Thank you for your answer Don and that clarifies my inquiry. I have stated the return because of my first impression that it is the return of sales or profit of which I am entirely wrong. However, the real issue that I experienced is I don't know where my profit is or have I missed something in setting a product item? I have checked my bank and there are none coming from my shopify store. In this sale, I am expecting to receive the halves which is USD $12.42 - GST Tax.

COST = USD $12.42 and my PRICE = USD $24.84 (which is NZD $36.85) its Paid & Fulfilled

step1.png

yet, my gross profit is $0.00

step2.png 

Thank you and I hope someone can help me on this. I may continue receiving orders yet I may have none from it :(

Regards,

A

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1051 61 124

This is an accepted solution.

Hi again @archerv!

Don from Shopify once again. :)

While I can't comment on the functionality of your dropshipping app, I can let you know how to add a cost of goods value to your products in your Shopify admin.

You can see how to do this here on our product details help doc.

The value you pay for the product (as opposed to the sale price) would not automatically be passed through to Shopify by your third-party app so you may need to add these values manually in your Shopify admin.

How you would be paid out for your store's orders will depend on the payment gateway your customer has used to make this order.

You can check this in the order timeline (just scroll down to see this and look for the entry where the payment is recorded) but for the order you shared here it looks like the customer used PayPal, so you would just need to check in with PayPal as to how and when you can withdraw those funds.

All the best!

Regards,

Don

Don | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes