Have different payment options for different products or collections?

Highlighted
1 0 0

Hi.

Is it possibly to set different available payment options at checkout? So that for some products or collections for instance only credit card is allowed and for other products/collections other payment options should be possible?

Does it exist apps or something for setting this up?

Regards,

Anders

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Expert
1381 111 200

Hi @andersal,

Well, I'm afraid to say that this is not possible in Shopify. It could be one payment option only (any one) for all the products added in the cart together. 

Hope it helps! Please let me know of any further questions.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
816 50 103

Hi there @andersal!

Don here from Shopify. :)

As @Qualitycheck let you know above, it is not possible to restrict the availability of payment methods in your store in this way.

It would not be possible to circumvent this using an app, as it's a core part of how Shopify works.

Could you let us know some examples of how you wanted to use this, so we can check for any relevant workarounds?

Do you use manual payment methods like bank transfer or do you create draft orders to send to your customers?

Regards,

Don

Don | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

I also need this ability because I carry some items in local warehouses and 80% of the orders fulfilled from these warehouses are Cash on Delivery. I therefore want COD enabled for items I keep in stock. I also drop shop items from China and its not possible to offer cash on delivery for these orders and therefore I would like to disable COD for these items. 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
816 50 103

Hi there @NickB85!

Don here from Shopify.

As above, it would not be possible to restrict the availability of a payment method you offer in your store per product.

You would have to consider not offering this method at all or offering it to all of your customers.

This doesn't sound like it would suit your needs, so you could consider leaving a message for your COD customers explaining that orders placed using this method will only be honored if they meet your criteria in terms of the products there are buying.

You could then manually choose the orders that you are happy to process and fulfill for eligible COD customers and cancel any others.

Hope this information helps to clarify the situation.

Regards,

Don

Don | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

Hi,

please advise us it is possible that when COD is apply only for local customers & international customers will checkout with credit cards or paypal ?

Thanks

Best Regards,

Ibrahim.

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

We need to customize payment method per collection too, Please consider our need

Thanks

0 Likes
Highlighted
3 0 0

I am looking for a way to have this feature as well. Most of my product can be purchase by Card or COD, but for a Print-on-Deman collection i will need to restrict to card payment only and hide the COD option.

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

We need this too! We are considering selling CBD and if so, would only want the CBD customers to use our CBD gateway, which is more expensive than our regular gateway. Since we sell so many different products we don't want to pay the CBD rate for all of them (or risk CBD purchases going through Paypal).

0 Likes
Highlighted
Explorer
121 0 20
Another use case:

I do pre orders with delivery in two months. Our national law requires that no payment can be charged before the product is shipped.

As the authorization period for Shopify Payments is a hopeless 7-day period, I have no way of doing pre orders right now
Owner @ https://en.authentic.dk
0 Likes