Help! Hide Paypal at product landing page

Solved
Highlighted
Tourist
8 0 0

Hello guys,

I am trying to hide the paypal express checkout at the product landing page as well as information checkout page. So I still want paypal remain as a payment option at the payment step. But having paypal popping up right at the beginning can be confusing for a lot of people. And it is a common pattern with almost every shopify theme. 

How can i hide it except on payment page?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff (Retired)
Shopify Staff (Retired)
469 58 132

Hey, @IsaacSterkling!

My name is Lizzy. I'm one of the Gurus on the support team at Shopify.

You can remove the option to pay with PayPal from your product pages and first checkout page by removing the dynamic checkout buttons. This page here explains more about what that is!

To remove the option you can go to Online Store>Themes>Customize. This will open up the theme editor. In here you can navigate to your product pages by choosing product pages here:

28-41-7fxv9-2pjjr

Click on Product Pages in the left menu and uncheck Dynamic Checkout!

Are you hoping to encourage your customers to stick around on your store and purchase more than one product? If so, do you have related products set up on your product pages? We have a guide on how to get that showing in your theme here! 

Thank you,
Lizzy

Lizzy | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
8 0 0

Hello Lizzy,

thank you for the reply, but..

I think you missed my point or misunderstood, as I do not have that enabled at all.

I don't have any product showing on my homepage or startpage at all. The feauture you mentioned is only when you have that page enabled on startpage.

I have my products stored in the collections and navigation menu.

What I want was hiding the express paypal button from any "add to cart" product page / page that contains all the details about a product.

So I do not want to disable paypal completely, just hiding and have that paypal payment option showing up in the payment page.

I've tried using several hiding paypal apps from the store, but they don't work properly either

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff (Retired)
Shopify Staff (Retired)
469 58 132

This is an accepted solution.

Hey @IsaacSterkling

I apologize if my response was unclear at all, or if I've misunderstood. The feature I am explaining is displayed on the product page and on the first page of the checkout. There is an option for it to be displayed on the home page, but the steps I explained above were for removing the option from product pages. This help page here also has a breakdown of those steps.

Following that, your customers will still be able to choose PayPal on the payment page, but it will not appear on your site anywhere other than that.

Please feel free to share any questions you have with me here!

Lizzy

Lizzy | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

Lizzy,

Is it possible to add a static checkout button alongside the dynamic one so that mobile customers are not forced to choose between apple and google pay?  Can i do this with shopify basic?  Thanks for your input.  

Michael

0 Likes