Help! How do I change ALL parts of my store to grams?

Highlighted
1 0 0

I just don't understand how the shipping measurements work.  I see the option to change to metric-grams in the Settings/General area, but can't figure out how to then change the shipping tiers or the weight of an item.  When I go to the shipping tiers "edit" it continues to show pounds. If I try to "add" a new shipping tier it also shows pounds.  Someone else must have figured this out, yes?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
53 0 3

Hi Dorothy,

Kevin here - a Shopify Guru :)

You're on the right track here!

So in Settings > General > Standards and formats you'll need to change the Unit System and the Default weight unit and save it:

Any Shipping rates which you have set up will then be converted to Metric and will appear as kilograms (kg).

I hope this helps Dorothy, if you need some more help, let me know!

Kevin | Shopify Guru

0 Likes
Highlighted
20 0 0

Hello Kevin

I have followed your instructions above but would still prefer the metric conversion to display in grams. Is there no way to change the shipping zone to display as gms? 

Thanks

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1057 62 124

Hi there Moa!

Don here from Shopify!

While you can change your store's measurement systems from imperial to metric in the general settings menu; it's not actually possible to change from kg to g in your shipping rates.

Not to worry, as you can simply convert your weights in grams to weights in kg.

A 325g package would be 0.325kg and so on. :)

All the best!

Regards,
Don

Don | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

I'd like to change the weight measurement to oz. but when I do that in general settings it doesn't carry over to individual products.  Help! Denise

0 Likes