Help Need With Royal Mail Click and Drop Service

Highlighted
Tourist
10 1 6

Hi

I am new to Shopify and am just nearing completion of store. After much research I wish to use the Royal Mail Click and Drop Service here in the UK. I have watched a few videos from the Royal Mail site but am struggling with a few things. It appears that you can link your Royal Mail OBS with Shopify and any new orders will be passed to Royal Mail. Within the Royal Mail account you can generate and print postage labels along with a tracking number where relevant. What I cant seem to find is whether the status of the order gets set to Fulfilled. If so, does the tracking number get passed back to Shopify and will Shopify send out this tracking number automatically to the customer. Sorry if all this sounds a little basic but I am learning. :-)

Cheers 

Rich

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
4 0 1
Did you get an answer to this Rich? I’d really like to know too !

0 Likes
Highlighted
7 0 0

You can set click & drop to automatically mark orders as fulfilled, but I have turned that off because there seems to be no provision for part-fulfilling an order. With it turned off I have discovered that no tracking info is passed to the customer :( I can't say for sure whether it is or not if the auto-fulfilment is switched on.

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

Hi, 

I am looking for an answer to this same question - do customers get a tracking number when Royal Mail Click and Drop is integrated? 

Thanks,

Liv

0 Likes
Highlighted
7 0 0

What we do now is simply check the "send email" and/or "send SMS" box on Click & Drop for each order, so RM sends the tracking details.

0 Likes