Help me close my store.

Solved
minuxy
1 0 0

I have signed up to Shopify using the 90-days trial link, still on it.

I haven't had any orders, I haven't subscribed to any paid apps or anything. But I have an upcoming bill and a failed bill in the Billing section.

I want to close this store, but it says error; payment failed.

Can someone look into it please?

Thank you.

0 Likes
Oliver
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
425 48 80

This is an accepted solution.

Hi, there!

Thanks for reaching out. This is likely occurring because the 90 day trial has expired and we've attempted to charge the card or PayPal account on file but it's been declined. If this is the case, we have two options.

The first option would be to let the account freeze. If the card on file is being declined, our billing service will freeze the account after 3 failed attempts. A frozen account is essentially the same thing as a closed account. The only difference being that you would need to pay the outstanding invoice should you want to reactivate this specific account. 

The second option would be to change the card or PayPal account on file and pay the outstanding invoice, so that the account can be properly close. Once the account is closed our support team can look into issuing a refund for the subscription fees, as long as the account is closed shortly after the invoice is paid.

Warm regards

Oliver | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

Jaunty67
3 0 0

Please I need help to close  my store 

0 Likes
Oliver
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
425 48 80

Hi, Jaunty!

You can close your shop by following the steps below:

• On the bottom left, click on Settings and then click on Plan and Permissions.
  • From here, scroll down to Store Status and click Close Store.
  • Follow the prompts to complete the cancellation. At this point, you can provide us with feedback about how we can improve.
  • Once you've closed your store, you won't be charged again in the future.

Are you receiving any specific error messages or having any trouble with the process of closing the shop?

0 Likes
Jaunty67
3 0 0

I’ve been following the directions and it keeps telling me there’s an error So there’s no one that can close my store this is really annoying !

0 Likes
Oliver
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
425 48 80

Hi, @Jaunty67 !

Can you copy and paste the full error message you're receiving so we can help troubleshoot this further with you. Without full context it may be difficult to determine the best next steps.

Hope to hear from you soon!

0 Likes
Jaunty67
3 0 0
I’m not sure how I even got as far as I did but what I do know that my
account will be over drawn if a payment tries to come out of my account I’m
in a financial hard ship please I need help closing my store at this time
0 Likes
Oliver
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
425 48 80

Hi, @Jaunty67 !

Sorry to hear you're still having some trouble getting the account closed. Closing the account is an action only the account owner can take unless there is some sort of technical issue preventing that from happening. If you're receiving an error message, we'll need to know what the error message is in order to troubleshoot this further. I've reached out to you directly via email so we can authenticate you and take a closer look into this together. The email was sent to the email address that is associated with your Shopify Community account.

Hope to hear from you soon!

0 Likes
muki
1 0 0

Hello i need help closing my store, when i put close store it says to me payment failed, but all my card are on the day , and i dont know why is not closing.

please help

0 Likes
Oliver
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
425 48 80

Hi, @muki !

I'd be happy to help with this. First, let's check what payment method you have enabled as your primary payment method. You can do that by following the steps below:

1. From your Shopify admin, click Settings > Billing.

2. In the Payment methods section, either PayPal or a credit card will be listed as your primary

After you've determined what type of payment method you're using, you'll want to contact the provider to see if there are any holds on the account or if the final invoice from Shopify is failing for any reason.

Warm regards!

0 Likes